If you think about the drug trafficking See Narco

Watch Netflix Narco, about the Narcotic trade in Columbia. It is probably the same in other countries. What you see in PR, NY, FL and many other locations is nothing compared to Columbia.

Warning - Very violent, not for kids.

ReyP wrote:

Watch Netflix Narco, about the Narcotic trade in Columbia. It is probably the same in other countries. What you see in PR, NY, FL and many other locations is nothing compared to Columbia.

Warning - Very violent, not for kids.

Although I believe that some aspects of this show are actually quite historically accurate, Colombia is actually now one of the safer countries in South America & I found Bogota to be terrific to visit. Unfortunately, San Juan has a higher violent crime rate now than many cities of Colombia.

I would also say that these facts may not be independent. It is my impression that the DEA crackdown on the Colombian cartels forced the drug traffickers to change behavior and begin trafficking drugs from the Caribbean coasts of Colombia & Venezuela to the islands of Hispaniola & Puerto Rico. This has created many of the problems with drug trafficking that now exist in PR.

You are probably correct, outside of the series above, I know very little about the subject.
Mexico seem to have a lot of drug lords and infighting.
One item on this is that if people did not buy drugs, there would be no significant narco business.

If you think Narco is bad, you do not want to watch the underground videos of the Mexico cartels. They are brutal and the violence is incredible.

Drugs are big business, even to the government. A lot of police departments depend on money seized from raids to finance parts of their departments.  Until our government work seriously in cracking down, the drugs violence will still be part of our lives.

adlin20 wrote:

If you think Narco is bad, you do not want to watch the underground videos of the Mexico cartels. They are brutal and the violence is incredible.

Drugs are big business, even to the government. A lot of police departments depend on money seized from raids to finance parts of their departments.  Until our government work seriously in cracking down, the drugs violence will still be part of our lives.

Hey if they crack down properly the police can have a fleet of Porsche. They just need to get cracking.
As to Government, LOL, remember Noriega?

I do....I was there.