Cost of Living Comparison website

Hey folks :)

Through my extensive research on Seychelles over recent months I found this website that purports to compare day-to-day living costs in various places around the world. The site clearly states that it does not have much data on the Seychelles so I'm not sure how accurate the data for the Seychelles actually is. If any Seychelles dwellers would like to offer an opinion, or better still, submit information to numbeo, please do!

I'm in London, so I compare Seychelles data, to this data - http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … try=United Kingdom&city=London

Seychelles data is here - http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/co … Seychelles

To help confirm the Seychelles data, let's look at rents judging by what I've gleaned from this excellent resource compared to my own rent in London. It seems it's unlikely to find much in Mahe for less than SR5000, which is about £250. I live in a good area in London, but in a very cheap home. There are very few flats in my area for less than £1000 per month. My rent is a little lower than £1000 but not much & it's a hell of a lot higher than SR5000! Even assuming SR10 000 for rent, this is around half of Londons rent. London also has bad air quality & little warm, pleasant weather. Just sayin'.

Even though numbeo is short of Seychelles data, it still seems fairly accurate.

As per any less developed country, the real concern is local purchasing power. According to numbeo, local people have only a very low purchasing power. This means it's difficult to survive as a local, in the local economy. In London, clearly the opposite is true.

Judging by the numbeo data, local people would find it a day-to-day struggle to survive in Seychelles. How accurate is this?

sorry, looks like I've made work for mods by posting some suspicious link lol

While the UK numbeo link is the only one live you can search for seychelles data on there yourself, or take my word for it that London is a more expensive place to live in every area.

None of what is said here is accurate at all - not even close so this must be coming from someone who knows very very little about Seychelles and has most definitely never been