Making phone calls in Malaysia

Hi,

When settling in Malaysia, one of the priorities is to be able to make phone calls.

How to proceed to get a landline installed in Malaysia?

What are the mobile operators?

What is your average monthly budget?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Maximilien

Landline what is that?

Oh I remember reading about thise in history books. Went obsolete about time of dinosaurs    :dumbom:

Mobile 38 rm a month loads of data allowance i never use.

TM, Telekom Malaysia, provides landline, but not everywhere, you have to find out if they cover your are. I had one, wanted to keep it, when I moved to new area I couldn't take it along, so that's very much depending on location.

hand phone providers are Maxis, Digi, Celcom.

I am with Maxis, actually quiet happy with them, got 2 packages, one for phone other for data, 4GB/month, average cost about 150RM, with average usage. Roaming works in most countries, and is actually affordable, compared to what the European providers charge.
Maxis offers s super low tariff to landlines in many countries, dial 132 in front, of course you have to check if the country you are calling to is included, most European countries are.

In Klang Valley you have good coverage everywhere, in other parts of Malaysia not necessarily, best operator there is said to be Celcom.

hi Guys,

this is not a question you can answer that easy. It depends where you settle down.

We came to Penang in April and we rented a landed property and that means you do not have a chance to get serviced by Time (Time serves for the time being only codos). If you live in one Time might be the best option as it offers internet in a decent bandwidth and voice service too.

We in the landed property could only sign-up with TM (Telekom Malaysia) for the fixed Voice service and Internet. Advantage of the TM Internet is that it is not limited in matter of consumption, but it is slow. Voice service is decent but pricey.

From the mobile operators you have a 4 main provider, Maxis, Celcom, Digi and U-Mobile. What is the best again depends on the area you live. We choose Maxis as it has the best signal in our area. But we use mainly the data plan and do local calls - for international calls we use www.dringgg.com, an OTT service which is much cheaper and turn out to have an even better quality than the classic mobile services.

Talking about costs, it really depends what service you use. If you make a lot of international calls the classic service will be a load on your budget. Mobile Data plans are in my opinion very reasonable priced.

All the best

Andreas

A landline??? Why???  I think almost everyone old enough to use a phone has a mobile device of some type.  There are a number of mobile companies TM, Maxis, etc.  Depending on where you'll be living; if you're in KL & surrounding cities, there are a lot of choices.  I'd just do some research.

Hope this helps.

Selamat datang!

A Maxis One scheme is good enough for person who is moving around ,it provides with free outgoing calls to any operators within malaysia except for hot line numbers.

For a landline prefer to subscribe for an Unifi it comes with an unlimited internet and telephone number which has free outgoing facilities and additional budget international calls .

hi
thank you

018-357 6293
leila