Making phone calls in Madagascar

Hi,

When settling in Madagascar, one of the priorities is to be able to make phone calls.

How to proceed to get a landline installed in Madagascar?

What are the mobile operators?

What is your average monthly budget?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Maximilien

Greetings,

I wouldn't even think of getting a landline here.  The major mobile operators are Orange, Airtel and Telma.  I connect to the Internet via the cell network and a USB modem.  Coverage is pretty good and quite widespread, though there are places where the connection cannot be had. 

I can't comment on a budget because I've been unemployed for a couple of years while backing my wife's start-up enterprise, but it's significantly cheaper than developed countries.  This, of course, will depend on where you live and your lifestyle.  I live in a small town in the northeast, so not much in terms of a social life nor "nights on the town".

Hope this helps.

Buster

Hi,

There are three mobile operator in Madagascar. Airtel, Telma and orange are provided mobile and landline facilities.

All three are also provided of Internet. I am using Telma and Airtel both since last 5 years.

For monthly budget, it depend on where you come from. you can find good house from 500000 ar to 1000000 ar. Food and other things also depended on you. But total expenses is one person around USD 700 to 1000.

I hope this information is help you.

Sharad tiwari

Hi

Telma- Landline , mobile 3G , $G , ADSL copper line and fiber optic.
Orange     Mobile , 3G and 4G
Airtel-    Mobile , 3G and 4G
Bluline -  $G and internet TV,

My best choice is Telma,-    for 3G you have many option to choose depending on budget. You can have on daily basis,

ADSL-  2 options-     8MB speed   and 20MB speed.    the service will be interrupted id there is any damage on the line or any repair works ...  cost  140,000 Ar  and 240 000 Ar  (  they will say unlimited.  but it is limited to 40GB and 100 GB,  when you pass the limit the speed will be reduced.  But for a normal usage its enough )

Fiber optic.-    100MB  speed.  perfect .  unlimited as usual.  there will be background limit. but I never had any effect on me.
Minimum price is  330000 Ar and goes until 1 500 000 and more depending on your choice.

Hope it helps.

Regards
Thas

Minimum price starts from