Transferring to Riyadh

Gents,

I am transferring to Riyadh from Abu Dhabi. I have lived in Abu Dhabi for 5 years. Hope I am making a good move.

Cheers,
Qaiser

Definitely, Riyadh is much better, lesser humidity

the rest is pretty much the same

Qaiser wrote:

Gents,

I am transferring to Riyadh from Abu Dhabi. I have lived in Abu Dhabi for 5 years. Hope I am making a good move.

Cheers,
Qaiser

Gents :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Me dun Lyk Tz
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You could be left with more money in the till in Riyadh at the end of each month?

Each place has it's good and bad points.
Here is the list of good points for Riyadh -

a) It has a wonderful expat colony.

b)

I seem to have run out. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to Riyadh.

Riyadh is different to the environment you will be coming from, for very obvious cultural and religious reasons but you know that right?

Riyadh is as good a place as anywhere else if it can provide you with good paid work, a comfortable home, a good friend network, and decent weather.  If you have all of that then consider yourself a King in the land of sand and camels.

Welcome to Riyadh, I hope you make the most of your time here.:)

jillndave wrote:

b)

what else do you need?

jillndave wrote:

b)

Welcome to Riyadh.

here u go one more point.

b) Kabsa is cheaper in Riyadh than AbuDhabi

nonz wrote:
Qaiser wrote:

Gents,

Cheers,
Qaiser

Me dun Lyk Tz

I am sorry for that..... didnt meant to hurt anyone...... my apologies.... I must have said.... Ladies & Gents..... hope this wont happen again...

@All,

Thank you very much for your time to reply for my post.... highly appreciate that...

well based on the communication, it sounds to me that Riyadh will be a good place for me.....

Thanks for welcoming me, hope to see you all in Riyadh...... I will transfer in first week of December......

Rgds,
Qaiser

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Riyadh is different to the environment you will be coming from, for very obvious cultural and religious reasons but you know that right?

Riyadh is as good a place as anywhere else if it can provide you with good paid work, a comfortable home, a good friend network, and decent weather.  If you have all of that then consider yourself a King in the land of sand and camels.

Thanks Sir, it sounds to me that you are from UK by ur name.... I am traveling tonight to London for 1 week on a training.... sounded you like Riyadh.... good to know.....

slyshooter wrote:
jillndave wrote:

b)

Welcome to Riyadh.

here u go one more point.

b) Kabsa is cheaper in Riyadh than AbuDhabi

hmmmmm I have tried Kabsa in Abu Dhabi couple of times..... was good and not expensive as well......

jillndave wrote:

b)

Welcome to Riyadh.

:o

Qaiser wrote:
gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Thanks Sir, it sounds to me that you are from UK by ur name.... I am traveling tonight to London for 1 week on a training.... sounded you like Riyadh.... good to know.....

Hey Qaiser, sorry to say, but you really need to sort your gender bias out here - check out my profile, I am most definately a Madam and not a Sir :o:dumbom: but will take a lenient view as this site is quite hectic when you first jump in so am assuming you were a little overwhelmed and didn't get round to detail. :)  However, strike one.... strike two ..... :whistle:

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
Qaiser wrote:
gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Hey Qaiser, sorry to say, but you really need to sort your gender bias out here - check out my profile, I am most definately a Madam and not a Sir :o:dumbom: but will take a lenient view as this site is quite hectic when you first jump in so am assuming you were a little overwhelmed and didn't get round to detail. :)  However, strike one.... strike two ..... :whistle:

Once again my apologies.... you are right, I am just new in this site.... so will get acquainted soon... next time I will check profile before replying for sure.... thanks for your suggestion.....

Cheers,

Qaiser,

Be aware of the ladies on here...They are very friendly to start with..but wrong them and their claws come out :D

mirfarali wrote:

Qaiser,

Be aware of the ladies on here...They are very friendly to start with..but wrong them and their claws come out :D

:D:D The words of a very wise man indeed! :)

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
mirfarali wrote:

Qaiser,

Ofcourse, have been married for more than a year now and my wife is a regular on here as well. :P

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
mirfarali wrote:

Qaiser,

Ofcourse...have witnessed the fate of quite a few who have crossed paths with ladies on here...:P

mirfarali wrote:
gowiththeflowUK wrote:
mirfarali wrote:

Qaiser,

Ofcourse...have witnessed the fate of quite a few who have crossed paths with ladies on here...:P

Ahan interesting..... thanks for your advise dear.....

Hi Qaiser,

Welcome to the blog and soon into Riyadh.
Prepare for culture shock, its a little more conservative than Abu Dhabi.

Enjoy

mirfarali wrote:

Qaiser,

A very smart advice :idontagree:

Qaiser wrote:
nonz wrote:
Qaiser wrote:

Gents,

Cheers,
Qaiser

Me dun Lyk Tz

I am sorry for that..... didnt meant to hurt anyone...... my apologies.... I must have said.... Ladies & Gents..... hope this wont happen again...

Good Boy :happy: So what do u do Qaiser :)?

OMGGGG........... my manager was talking with me abt moving to riyadh from jeddah... from your replies to this post, i think am gonna suffer a real bad time :(

nonz wrote:
Qaiser wrote:
nonz wrote:

Me dun Lyk Tz

Good Boy :happy: So what do u do Qaiser :)?

Thanks..... I am an Information Management Engineer.... in easy terms a Senior Software Engineer........

Qaiser wrote:

Gents,

Cheers,
Qaiser

hi Qaiser,

Welcome on board!!!
my advice is whatever it may takes while your here in riyadh..
just try to enjoy every single thing and rest assured everything will go with the flow....

Hello All,
Finally I arrived in Riyadh this week....... sounded a good place to me..... living in a compound is not bad at all......

Hey Q, welcome to a 'soft landing' in Riyadh! 

Hey (for the men on the blog), are you planning a 'meet up' with the lads again?  If yes, maybe you could make sure Q is invited so he can get to meet you all and settle in?

Q - keep in touch, let us know how your settling in.

Q,

Saudi Arabia - Sun sand and OIL!! :D
also one of th eonly places you can still afford to drive around a Hummer!!

Welcome to Riyadh and be active in the forum, you will know whats going in the city.. yes there are something that do go on here!! :D

Cheers!

Hey Qaiser ,welcome boy.....Hope u r not having bad time here :)(so far)

RedGoblin wrote:

Q,

Saudi Arabia - Sun sand and OIL!! :D

Cheers!

:/   even Abu dabi
but for saudis, its more than that.:(

Qaiser, WELCOME To KSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

thanks everybody, i am having good time; but bit overloaded with work here......  its kind a strange that you just move and loads of work already waiting for you........ huhhhhhh

anyone from Yamama Compound???

Qaiser wrote:

thanks everybody, i am having good time; but bit overloaded with work here......  its kind a strange that you just move and loads of work already waiting for you........ huhhhhhh

anyone from Yamama Compound???

We back home in India have a common Expression when asked about work "If there is no work only, we need to be worried, otherwise if you have work, dont be worried, your job is secured as long as you have work ", so you have a job security now. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: