Two Essentials for Happiness

Before I came here I made a posting asking for what essentials I should bring with me. Some people made useful suggestions, but not ones that I wished to take up. You can keep your TV and PlayStation. Even a laptop is quite superfluous. But there are two things absolutely essential for happiness.

They are:

1 - Toenail clippers

2 - A good quality fly swat

With those two things, your life will be complete.

I'd have said:

1. Patience
2. A sense of humour

or

1. Decent cheese
2. A puncture repair kit

1. Avon heal cream
2. Professional hair care products
no....
1. Tim Hortons
2. Blueberries (I know I am like a broken record with this one.)
no...

(BTW if you really do need nail clippers, there is a little store on the second floor of Souq Al Talat that sells manicure & pedicure sets, hair clips, sewing kits, make up bags etc...)

How is the desert treating you?:)

1. Sainsbury's Cornish Brie
2. Nigerian red oil (for 'er indoors)

or...

1. Bombay Sapphire
2. The Sporting Life

1. Final Exit Visa
2. Ticket out of here

:lol:

I agree with Mudman...

Bluejay. Thanks for asking. It's BRILLIANT.

Muddy and Garcy. In my company all I need to do is offer my resignation and I'm out of here. Is yours different somehow?

SeymourSunshine wrote:

It's BRILLIANT.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_WT8nMcBd9YQ/TFrWA-9f1NI/AAAAAAAAAQ0/B-E2tAWDh1Y/s1600/head+in+sand.jpg

:emoticon-less:

Mudman wrote:

1. Final Exit Visa
2. Ticket out of here

:lol:

yes, that would do for me too!!

Oh, you sad, pathetic, moaning people. You sound like a load of girl scouts on your fist camp and you don't like the creepy crawlies.

That picture doesn't suit me at all.

1 - I came here with my eyes, ears and mind wide, wide open. I'm living the life I want to live and loving it because I came here determined to NOT be just another carping, complaining ajnabee.

2 - I'm not sticking my butt out for anyone to fondle for money.

Surely, if you want your final exit visa and ticket out, all you need to do is ask.

Or have I missed something along the way?

SeymourSunshine wrote:

You forgot to laugh

SeymourSunshine wrote:

You sound like a load of girl scouts on your fist camp

God damn those Freudian slips.

MoEl wrote:
SeymourSunshine wrote:

You forgot to laugh

Wrong again, Mo. I'm laughing, but with exasperation!

I'd hoped to generate a bit of humour, but all it got was more of the same high-energy carping.

But that's life in the dull lane, I suppose.

Ya misakiin.

SeymourSunshine wrote:

I'd hoped to generate a bit of humour, but all it got was more of the same high-energy carping.
Ya misakiin.

Well my 1st answers (cheese & a puncture repair kit) were the real ones, my other was an attempt at humour, which most people who've been here for more than a couple of yrs would appreciate.

But then humour is an individual thing.

Now, about those girl scouts...

SeymourSunshine wrote:

misakiin.

You mean like these:

http://img522.imageshack.us/i/d1069525221hr1.jpg/

or like this:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs437.snc3/25140_110919035611396_100000798991325_81339_4158876_n.jpg

I tend to agree with Mudman, to me humour is very important to survive the kind of environment we have here, without it, I'm doomed until I got those 2 things..hehehhe.
I'm looking forward to check this forum at lease every other day, if not everyday; hence, this must be one of the essentials for happiness to me:|