Buying a car in Italy

Hi,

To be able to move in Italy, a lot of expatriates think of buying a car, whether new or second-hand.

What are the formalities to buy a vehicle in Italy: car registration, insurance, etc.?

What are the relevant authorities or organizations to contact?

How long does it take and what are the associated costs?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Kenjee

am in Ghana and can only advice you for now ....
check the on going registration first,how much they charge, the requirements and then buy a brand new one for real...
i pray the Lord God help you to get access to you dream car

You must have full Italian residence before you can purchase a car in Italy. And a code fiscale, of course.

ok ...thats a good one

Hi,

We spend 5 mos. out of the year in Italy.  We want to purchase car.  I read somewhere your local comune can help facilitate a purchase to a non-resident.  Has anyone heard of anything like that? Are there any exceptions to the residency requirement?

slh43

Is it a basic requirement that the purchaser should have a valid italian driving licence ?
I don't have an Italian driving licence but I would like to buy a car, may be I'll have a paid driver.

Would the overall costs associated with having a car in Italy be less if I shipped one of my cars over there vs. buying car in Italy?

my suggestion is to go to a car dealer and you will see the  miracles he is able to arrange to sell a car  to non resident...