Residenza Milan

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere on the site (had a look but couldn't find anything)...

I am applying for residenza for Milan (I'm British) as I want to stay out here long term and work, and I've been told I need a private health insurance policy as part of the application.  Can anyone confirm is this true and maybe recommend anywhere I can get one cheaply?  I got a quote of £70 per month from BUPA which is rather more than I was hoping to pay!

in italy there's a decent public health structure

Hey, I am also british and have just moved to milan. I don't think you need to purchase Bupa. I made a european health card when i was in the uk and that was sufficient for me to enroll and begin studying at my university in milan.

Hi!

I'm American and just went through a similar process (insurance is also required for our visas).
I did not purchase health insurance beforehand, I submitted an an affidavit to the consulate stating I would buy the Italian national health insurance once I apply for my Permesso di Soggiorno (after arriving in Italy).
If it helps, here is what I gave my visa officer:
consnewyork.esteri.it/NR/rdonlyres/F019DB32-4421-4244-BB48-3DDE96DB942E/0/Affidavinsurance
Good luck!

70 pounds a month sounds very cheap compared to rates back home in America.  I'm covered through work during the visa process, though, luckily.