Camposol - why are properties cheaper? is it a bad area?

My wife and I are hoping to retire to the Murcia region within the next couple of years and are actively looking at properties online.
We are not necessarily looking to be right on the coast as long as it is within an hour or so
We see that properties for sale in Camposol look very nice but seem to be particularly plentiful and cheap. Is there a reason for this? bad area, subsidence, too many tourists?
The properties do look very nice but we are wary that they seem to be cheaper than elsewhere
We are flying to the area next April to view suitable areas and properties

Any help would be gratefully received

I don't know much about Camposol except that it has a reputation for being totally English speaking. I think that lot of the expat ghettos are a bit run down, lots of the services have disappeared and generally the estates are considered as undesirable though I know a couple of Spaniards who have houses in Gran Alacant and La Marina and think they are great. Generally house prices are pretty low in Spain at the moment and where there is oversupply, like in Camposol, prices are even lower.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Hopefully we will see the area for ourselves next year but your input is valuable

Any recommendations for decent places to settle? As I said it doesn't have to be right on the coast

I'm going to Murcia this weekend to look at properties in and around the Balsicas region- near the Sierra Golf Course which is on the point of opening.  These brand new houses are half price or less right now.   You could maybe look at some of these.  There are no community fees with the ones I will be looking at.  Hope you find what you're looking for.

Thanks very much for your help. I'll google those properties and have a look

Are you viewing on your own or are you taking one of these subsidised viewing packages?

The company I'm using are Sequre based in Manchester.  Any info. you might need re. these properties can be got through them. Tel. No. 0161 9376904.  I'm not promoting them but they have been very helpful to me.  I'm dealing with a guy called Jordan.  Hope this helps.

I'm going through the company Sequre who are the estate agents.  They will meet me at Alicante airport and show me around different types of properties around the Sierra golf resort.  I'm going on Saturday morning and will be home on Tuesday.  This cost me 190 pounds but I'd rather see the properties than just look at photos. Sequre are based in Manchester and the guy I'm dealing with is called Jordan Curtis.

Thanks for your help

Appreciate it

Enjoy your trip