Tennis partner + which bars in Doha have a quiz night ?

Hi all, I'm John.
I'm from England & have been in Doha for 4 months.
I would like to find people to play Tennis, 5 or 7-a-side-football (preferably senior) and golf.
I also want to find out which bars in Doha have a quiz night.
I hope that someone can point me in the right directions.

Hi John

Welcome to Doha. I too have recently arrived, my husband came over in July to start his new job and I followed at the beginning of Sept. We both enjoy taking part in quizzes so if you hear of one do let us know and I will do likewise.

I suppose if enough members on this site showed an interest in taking part in a monthly quiz someone could approach maybe the manager at the Horizon Manor Hotel and enquire whether they would host the quiz.

Also may I suggest you join internations.org they have events and meet ups that may be of interest to you.

Be good to meet up for a malted beverage one evening.

Regards

Carole

Hi Carole,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm told that there is a quiz night at the Rose & Thistle on the 5th Oct. Gonna try & find out more this weekend.
And I'm up for that drink any time - let me know how u r fixed for time
I look forward to meeting you.
John

Hello John and Carole,

Welcome on board  :)

I created a new thread from your post on the Doha forum so that you may better interact.

Since it seems that you got some hints concerning Quiz night, i will only suggest you drop an advert in the Sport partners in Doha so that you may get some proposals from members who want to join in.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hi John

I have been here about 6 weekd and am also looking to find some 5 or 7 aside so if you come across any pls let me know and I will do the same

Kenny

Hey Johnny welcome to Doha.. The most peaceful place.. Talking about football 7aside, I'm in on it.I ve also been looking for something like this too. So if you find any please holla.. Thank you. I work in a bar but no quizzes just boozes and dances.xxx ahlan.
Rasul

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi John,
I can be interested on playing 5-a-side-football matches

I think there is one in Ramada

let me know where u play, indoor / outdoor, i can join u.. even beach

I Play tennis frequently, intermediate/advance level.
4.75 rating, looking for similar level of players
good rallies and Match

Hi Ironman_qatar,

Please browse through the existing ads in the Sport partners in Doha section of the website. You may even drop your own "looking for" advert.

All the best,
Bhavna