Expats in Brasov

Hi guys,

New to Brasov, just moved here with my wife, looking to meet up with other Ex Pats of any nationality and of course Romanians (provided they can either speak English or humour my terribly basic Romanian) Let me know if theres anyone out there that would like to grab a coffee or a beer sometime.

Will

Hello. Just seeing your post 'cos I just joined. Hope u're enjoying ur stay in Romania. Am looking to visit Romania sometime this year, like later in the year. Pls do u have any tips for a budget trip, like best bed n' breakfast, restaurants, sights to see, where to shop (malls), etc. Will appreciate this. Thank you.

Hello ETek9,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Since Will_in_Brasov's old topic dates back to 2015, you might not receive a reply from him.

My advice to you would be to create a new topic on the Brasov forum so that our other members may share their experiences, advice and recommendations. :)

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

@Will_in_Brasov Greetings from the States! I'm a day late and a dollar short :):)

My wife , who is Romanian, and I, American, are interested in moving to Brasov in the near future.  Let me know how things are working out for you.  I fell in love with Brasov the first time I came back in 2005 and have been to various parts of Romania since then.  Robert & Aurora

@rjgaurora3 P.S. any thoughts on who i can learn Romanian from?

-@rjgaurora3

Will hasn't posted in years (2015), doubtful you'll get a reply.

Hello rjgaurora3,

Like romaniac has pointed out, the member Will_in_Brasov is no longer active.

Should you have any questions, you can start your own thread on the Brasov forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

-@rjgaurora3

You said you fell in love with the country nearly 20 years ago and even married a Romanian woman (presumably she knows Romanian herself?), but you still don't know the language?? Tsk tsk tsk

To me. an obvious thought would be, why not ask your wife to help you?!

@Will_in_Brasov we're up there at least monthly and it's always great to meet new people.

@Will_in_Brasov we're up there at least monthly and it's always great to meet new people.
-@Gabriel Tanner

That post is 7 years old and they haven't posted or visited the site in that length of time, so I doubt you will get a response.

@rjgaurora3

I'm an Irishman living in Brașov. I used Duolingo to learn some basic Romanian and know enough to get by at the market! Most of my friends here speak English are are keen to use it!

@SimCityAT thanks