Driving License

I am at present driving in Kenya using an international license
I am an experienced driver and I am quickly adapting to the Kenyan way of driving

Does anyone know the process of getting a Kenyan driving license

I went through the AA.  I made an application, they took a copy of my UK licence, plus a passport sized photo and I was issued (in a few weeks) with a Kenyan one.  This was around 10 years ago though.  I believe the AA still offer this service.  There is a branch at Hurlingham, Sarit Centre and Village Market.

By the way, always carry your licence while driving, to show if you are stopped by the police.

if you want it easier you could go to KRA for the provisional licence but they will probably need proof of having attended a driving college to prove you can actually drive well here and they can apply the licence for you. i would advise AA or Rocky driving school. its between 15,000 to 20,000 for the process.

The way I did it meant that I didn't have to go through the route of getting a provisional licence......the full Kenyan licence was issued straight away.

The latest glitch is that you cannot get a Kenyan driving license without first receiving your Alien Card, and to get an Alien Card you first have to have a resident's permit, so time, time, time as you wait for Immigration to do its stuff. I'm told 2-3 months is the normal wait for an alien card right now.

Dayyana,

You can and by law should register as an alien after a stay of 90 days and can do this on a 'tourist' visa.  You do not need to have a residents permit.  On application for the alien card, you get a receipt and can use this in place of the alien card until this is issued, which takes around 5 weeks.

its easy try AA they have offices in village market.i think they are the best and also very affordable