What CITY Has The Best LIVE! Music Scene

I'm almost ready to make the big move to the Philippines and I want to be close to clubs that have live rock and roll bands. I'm retired and now I want to be able to play music in the clubs because it's what I enjoy now that I have a steady income. If it was close to a good surfing location that would be a plus! I've lived in Los Angeles so crowds of people don't bother me - just want to find a nice condo right in the middle of where the clubs are to save on commuting and be able to stay current on the music industry happenings!

Hi Sir KrzyBikr

If that is the lifestyle that you want, I would suggest you live here in Manila (Makati or BGC). Neighboring provinces are great for recreational activities like surfing (La Union).

Warmest Regards,
Maro

MaroBautista wrote:

Hi Sir KrzyBikr

If that is the lifestyle that you want, I would suggest you live here in Manila (Makati or BGC). Neighboring provinces are great for recreational activities like surfing (La Union).

Warmest Regards,
Maro

That's what I've picked up in the things that I've read so far that I would find more live music venues in Manila than I would in places live Quezon City, Angels, Cebu City or Davao City. I've been looking at condos in Manila already so that's probably where I'll start out from and see how it goes..??

Yes that is correct Sir. I think it is my duty to inform you that the turnover of an idle unit (Condo, Room, Apartment) here is really fast. Today it is available the next day is it already taken. That is what I noticed since I got here because I live in the province and studied in a city (Lipa City, Batangas) but it is not as dynamic as Manila.

MaroBautista wrote:

Yes that is correct Sir. I think it is my duty to inform you that the turnover of an idle unit (Condo, Room, Apartment) here is really fast. Today it is available the next day is it already taken. That is what I noticed since I got here because I live in the province and studied in a city (Lipa City, Batangas) but it is not as dynamic as Manila.

Got ya! I hope to find something and pay for it before I get there (hope I don't get the nicest looking condo in the ghetto or..??) so we'll see how that works out..?? LOL

I think you just have to be wise in choosing your location. You'll find something I'm sure of it. The Philippines is the land of many possibilities. :)

Krzy, with your criteria minus the surfing, I can suggest condominiums along Malugay St., Makati City.  There are two great indie spots in the area, B-Side the Collective and Saguijo.  A lot of expats go there and I can even introduce you to some of them.

By the way, just advance warning, when real estate brokers and agents read this, they will send you e-mails and offer their projects/properties.  If in the US, the most untrustworthy profession is your car salesperson, here it is real estate.  They will offer you so many properties including those not in your criteria and would do anything, even deceive, lie or hide something, just to get the sale.  I have so many stories that I can share but I rather not give examples here.

If you need more information about the music scene or even tips on properties here, feel free to ask me.

Cheers and let's jam!

KrzyBikr wrote:
MaroBautista wrote:

Hi Sir KrzyBikr

Warmest Regards,
Maro

That's what I've picked up in the things that I've read so far that I would find more live music venues in Manila than I would in places live Quezon City, Angels, Cebu City or Davao City. I've been looking at condos in Manila already so that's probably where I'll start out from and see how it goes..??

Not Manila... Makati is the best. It's capable to  Manhattan to the  New York  boroughs... Very energetic and active. I'm a fan of live music and I love the way the Philippines embrace Rock Bands... When you get here give me a hoot and holler so I can fly down for a weekend.

Makati is just the best. :)