Looking for Ulan/Alan Jalalov - missing Kyrgyz guy

Hi

I'm cycle touring around Central Asia and I met a guy called Aziz who is looking for his big brother. His brother is Kyrgyz, in his early 30's, hasn't contacted his family for 10 years but the last they heard he was living in London and they think he may be married to a British lady. His name is ULAN JALALOV but he goes by the nickname Alan in the UK.

I promised I would try and find him. I found a Kyrgyz community website for the uk but can't work out how to register so if anyone knows any Kyrgyz community groups or events I could try and contact, I would be very grateful. Aziz just wants to talk to his big brother.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Beccy

Hi Beccy,

Welcome on board :)

I will invite you to please drop an advert in the Missing people in London section as it might eventually be helpful :)

Fingers crossed you get some good news soon !

Thank you

Maximilien

Have you tried searching on facebook and the like? There is a few who match that name, who you can try to contact and see if they respond. What website is it that you couldn't register on? I will give it a shot then search for him there for you. I live in London, but don't know anyone from that country. If there is a way I can help, let me know.

Best of luck.

Facebook search success?

No, nothing :(

It's so kind of you to try to find this chap, why not put it on Facebook ita a great way to spread the word! Good luck and I hope he sees the post!

Thanks but we were just very shocked that his brother hadn't been in contact for 10 years. I have checked FB to see if I can find him but it doesn't look like he's on there. Maybe I'll start an FB page or something!

Thanks again

Beccy

Maybe the guy doesn't want to be found, anyone think of this?

Yeah of course. If I find him he can choose what he wants to do. I'm definitely not going to be forcing him on a plane back to Kyrgyzstan to reunite with his family!

This doesn't add up to me. Either this Aziz has played an un-funny joke on you (shame on him!), and there isn't actually someone to look for (actually that would be quite funny!), or this 'Alan', if he even exists at this moment of time, and still lives in London, doesn't want to communicate with his family (they must of spoke in the past while he was here, since they know a bit about his life in the UK, then it ended). What has stopped him for a decade, from getting back in touch with the family. I'm sure he has contact details for them, or to someone who can get hold of them. He might of been prevented from travelling home (if he isn't legal in the UK), but that wouldn't stop him from making the little effort of getting in touch with his family (if he does exist, and does desire it). Either he does exist, and doesn't desire communication. Or doesn't exist. Take your pick.

It doesn't add up to me either. I definitely don't think it's a joke. I assumed maybe there had been an argument or family issue in the past and now his brother wants to make amends. Plus, it seems to be very normal here to go away for years with minimal contact with family as many people leave family/children to go and work in Russia.

According to his brother (it was one of the first questions I asked), he was/is living here legally.

Thanks

Well he can try contacting the British embassy in his country ([email protected] or +996 (312) 303637). They might be able to assist him. As the number of Kyrgz nationals in UK is few, he's probably the only Jalalov residing here. So it can't be hard to locate him (if he's legal).

I must agree with all of our members who have advised you that you've either been the victim of a cruel hoax and the individual does not exist, or in the alternative he simply wishes no contact with the family for whatever reason.

If he does, in fact, exist and has not contacted the family he has his own reasons for not having done so... they should be respected (by you at least - let the family do what they wish).

There has been no effort to contact the family, even to seek help in a financial emergency... family would be the first any of us turn to in such a situation; so that's not it.

In the event a foreign national passes away local authorities always contact the family through diplomatic channels, that's standard operating procedure; so that's not it either.

So either way, he doesn't even exist, or he does exist and he's as happy as a lark with the way things are and he's healthy as a horse!!! My advice to you would be not to involve yourself in this at all since one way or another someone in that family is going to be very ticked off with you.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Wow, you guys are all pretty negative and skeptical...and have not met his brother to judge whether this is likely to be a cruel prank. I judge people from the interaction I have with them and I'm basing my actions for this on that, something nobody on here can do.

There are many possibilities as to why he may not have contacted his family and if it was a family issue of some sort his younger brother Aziz, who would have been a child at the time, would surely not have been involved. Maybe he just wants to make contact with a brother he lost through circumstances out of his control. Nobody has considered this as a possibility.

Either way, I have done as much as I can for him without getting any authorities or a full Facebook campaign on it so now I will wait and see if anything comes to light. That's what I said I would do and I have honoured my word.

Thanks for your comments

Beccy

Try getting pictures of him from 10 years ago and search on google image.

national passes away local authorities always contact the family through diplomatic channels, that's standard operating procedure; so that's not it either.

You are very optimistic about how the world works. They may not have any information about his origin if he did die. Many people come to the UK on false identities.

BritInKyrgyzstan wrote:

Wow, you guys are all pretty negative and skeptical...and have not met his brother to judge whether this is likely to be a cruel prank. I judge people from the interaction I have with them and I'm basing my actions for this on that, something nobody on here can do.

There are many possibilities as to why he may not have contacted his family and if it was a family issue of some sort his younger brother Aziz, who would have been a child at the time, would surely not have been involved. Maybe he just wants to make contact with a brother he lost through circumstances out of his control. Nobody has considered this as a possibility.

Either way, I have done as much as I can for him without getting any authorities or a full Facebook campaign on it so now I will wait and see if anything comes to light. That's what I said I would do and I have honoured my word.

Thanks for your comments

Beccy

I'm not sure why they are unable to assist. Whether it's a privacy concern or that he doesn't even exist. I'm thinking it's the latter.

Dear Mr <removed>,

Please kindly be informed that the Embassy is unable to assist in this case.

Regards,

Team of the British Embassy Bishkek

British Embassy Bishkek | 21 Erkindik Boulevard, “Orion” Business Centre , Office 404

Bishkek 720040, Kyrgyzstan | E: [email protected] | Tel: +996 (312) 303637

Isn't him this person? facebook.com/people/Ulan-Jalalov/100009205869967

I did ask her if she tried facebook, as that's one of the profiles I came across with the same name, but she said there was no success. So I assume she sent that person a msg already.

Alan exists it not a joke, I can't find him