New in Berlin!

Hi :)

I'm moving to Berlin on Thursday 1st October 2015 and I would love to meet new friends! I would also like to practice my very bad German with somebody lol

Also I will be looking for a place to live from the 1st of November if anybody knows anything?!

Fi

Hello,

I am in a similar situation. I want to explore Berlin, but do not want to do this alone.
I will be in Berlin till the end of October. I doubt I can help you with German since I only know few swear words in German :(. I do speak English and Russian, let me know if you want to join me exploring the capital of Germany.

Roman.

Looking for a place to stay in Berlin is nightmare....anyway wish you good luck....

Good morning!

I would love to listen to your "very bad German" if you can then listen to my equally bad German.. :)
I live in Berlin but am out of town at the moment....should be back Monday or Tuesday next week...

Regards
MGE

DaveReborn wrote:

Looking for a place to stay in Berlin is nightmare....anyway wish you good luck....

I've found it pretty easy, but maybe I was just lucky.

Found a nice shared flat for now :)

Look at a site called 'wg gesucht', there are tons of offers for shared flats and appartments. If you prefer to rent an own flat you can look on 'immobilienscout24'.

Hope that helps!

Thank for your message. I have been lived in Berlin for 1 year and I moved for like 6 times already. Well, finally I managed to settle down so if only really good option then I will consider otherwise I will stays here for quite a while. Hope everything settle well with you..
Dave

Great I speak really bad and barely can understandable German...hit me too

Why did you move 6 times in one year???  :/

I had a look at a few flats for myself aswell, but decided to move into a shared flat with two really cool germans.

The search was really easy, I wrote about 10 mails on a site called 'wg gesucht' (which was recommended by a friend), had 4 room inspections and 3 different offers

It's a long story Abbie. To be honest for a girl is rather easy to get reply and accepted. By the way, are you here to study or work?
Feel free to hit me....

Take Care and Good Night!

DaveReborn wrote:

It's a long story Abbie. To be honest for a girl is rather easy to get reply and accepted. By the way, are you here to study or work?
Feel free to hit me....

Take Care and Good Night!

I'm just here for my studies, but might be staying longer cause I quite like the city :)

I don't see why it would be easier for girls to find a flat or room than for guys  :/

But I guess you need a bit of luck. And if you are looking for a shared flat, it's usually also really good if you include a link to your Facebook profile. That really helps :)

Good luck with the flat hunt but don't worry too much about it. I've lived in many different cities and finding a place to stay in Berlin has been the easiest and fastest out of any city that I lived in.

Maybe because we are seen as more likely to cause damage in the property. Or pay rent late or whatever.

Hello Friends,

I am living in Berlin from more than a month and still struggling to make new friends. I grew up in India but living and travelling abroad from more than 7 years. I like travelling, hiking, photography and to explore new area where I live. I am fluent in English and can also speak broken German ;)
Lets meet up and become friends :)

Regards
Gandhi

Hey, are you still in Berlin now? Still looking for friends? I would like to catch up with you.
Luna

I just moved to Friedrichshain a few months ago from Stuttgart if anyone is up to meet up, from California originally. :) -Grace