Pet shop in Salmiya ?

Hi. Anyone know a pet shop they would recommend?

I don't think there are any pet shops outside of Al Rai area. Hopefully someone would prove me wrong.

I passed by this one the other day: Animal Care Pet SPA

Its a 5 -10 mins drive from Salmiya butI have no idea what services they offer though

Friday Market.

Here you go,  Petzone the largest pet store in Kuwait

- petzone.com

Are you looking for anything in particular?

I have two dogs and it was extremely difficult to find good quality dog food and other products (I've been to ever single pet store in Kuwait) so I've having it ship it over from the states it's also significantly cheaper as well.

Thank you Wokaer, where is this?

I'm looking for a decent place to groom my little cat. He is very fussy and go nuts when strangers touch him. I need a good vet that will lovingly shave him etc

Is there like a British Vet place?

PetZone and a bunch of other pet shops are all located here:

https://goo.gl/maps/eptrQhNrUau

The best veterinary hospital is supposedly IVH:

https://goo.gl/maps/n8QPV6WqRFJ2

Haven't had to visit it yet personally, and it is quite a drive from Salmiya, but it close to my place.

PetZone offers grooming services but don't expect too much... I've just learned how to cut my dog's hair myself since I cried when I got my dog back. He looked ugly for weeks :(

No British vet places unfortunately.

Everyone claims that IVH is great but I'm a bit wary about them, I called them last year asking about the vets and their credentials and got a bunch of errrrrr ummmm mam bullshit. Needless to say my boys still don't have a vet here  :sosad:

tinataitlyn wrote:

Everyone claims that IVH is great but I'm a bit wary about them, I called them last year asking about the vets and their credentials and got a bunch of errrrrr ummmm mam bullshit. Needless to say my boys still don't have a vet here  :sosad:

Even scarier is the fact that hospitals and schools are no different.

I know  :dumbom:

That's why I refuse to go to a doctor here! I probably look crazy for asking but I don't care where you're from I want to see some damn proof of where you went to school and a license to practice!!! LOL

Hello there!

Yes I agree while we may not have the perfect facilities compared to US or UK or any developed country for that matter, we have to keep in mind that we need to make adjustments based on circumstances, whether it is our pets or kids.

There are a few good pet servicing places, but then again depends on individual opinions. I have 2 persian cats, of whom I take the utmost care of. Both have records with Royal Animal hospital, they are expensive but in my opinion have experienced doctors.

For simple grooming i.e shaving, shampoo, nail cuts etc you can try Animal care in Shaab, thats the closest to Salmiya, they even come home to pick your pet. tel 22639529. They have a similar branch in Al raii next to Petzone. They are more private and not too crowded unlike Petzone. Groomers are Filipinos but with good experience, just had one of my cats groomed last week.

But your case might be a little different as you say your cat is fussy, so is my female cat. unfortunately I can never get to groom her at these pet spa's as she's very aggressive. The only thing I do if required is if her fur ever gets badly matted I would need removing of knots and shaving minor area, but i doubt the pet spa's would handle aggressive pets. For tough situations you will need to visit Dohama vet hospital in Raii, they are the oldest and equipped to handle any kind of pet with bad temper.

Hope this helps  :top:

There is a good doctor at The International Clinic.

He is Dutch.

I found him to be really good.

Hope this is useful.

If you have a dog a good place to board them when your on vacation is www.doggiedaycarekuwait.com. They don't cage the dogs and have a nice play area. They also have daycare if you need it and even pick them up. I've used them for a year now. Americans run it.