System changed for non-English speakers..?

We enrolled our kid to Primary school, 1st year..we went today to the school but I've been told that for non-English kids there will be a separate induction/English class, and more info we should receive this week .
They also said, that the system changed starting with this year, and there will be no  6 weeks English course anymore .. most probably will be one year.
Does anybody know more information regarding  this new  "school / induction class"  system ?
thanks

..if anybody is interested , I found some info..
http://education.gov.mt/

But still don't know when this will start..how...where..etc..

Our French friends have two boys (10 and 11 ) starting these classes on Thursday in Mellieha.

From what I understand the children will be assessed every few months and put into the correct classes once they reach the required standard in English.

Originally they were told that the boys would go in with the other children and get extra English after school.

The new system  seems more sensible as the classes are smaller and there will be more concentration on learning the English  language.

Terry

Thanks for the link, nicknamero
As Terry said, this seems sensible.
Would be great if you kept us updated on how it all works in practice, as we might be in your situation in two years time...

Hi, our two kids are registered to St Paul' Bay Primary aged 8 (girl) and 11 (boy) . They called us and told that the school begins next Monday. Both children are going to be in the english course. Are there any other kids in St Pauls Bay in the same situation? Maybe we could meet before the schools starts on Monday, to make it more pleasant for the kids?

Exactly Terry !! Our two boys are going to go in a " foreign class" in Mellieha. Their are 2 classes : 1 for the years 1,2,3 and an other one for the years 4,5,6. In december, they will make a point about their level in englisch ( we are french) . If the level is enough they integrate their "normal" class with the other children , if not, they stay as long as it is necessary ... our children are very happy, because they were worry !!

Hi Isbelle,
Can you please tell me, have you received any letter/call from Education department or the school informed you about this ?
We enrolled to Naxxar Primary, but they told us that we should wait for some information regarding these new classes, because we will not attend this school. Most probably we need to attend this class on another school ( St.Paul..Mellieha..). But our school didn't know more information on this matter, so at this point we keep our kid at home and wait more info..