Relocation and running my business

Hi,

I run a samll printing business in the UK (moderated: no free ads) and would like to move to spain and run this business from home. Most of my customers are in the UK so would like to post the items back but not sure what the postal system is like and how expensive. Most of the items are around 1-4 Kgs and no larger than 5ft in length. Has anyone got experience in running a UK business from Spain and also the tax system?

Kind regards

Paul

I had my own business in Spain for 15 years and although advice and comments from friends and residents is helpful I realised that you really need proffessional help here and a good firm of solicitors is essential. There are many here on the coast and it's difficult to find a good one, that actually answers your calls and does what they say they wil. I found that Manilva Solicitors with offices all along the coast and a .com web page were really helpful. Thier rates are competitive infact much lower than most.
The tax system here is complicated. I found the postal system very good their rates for post is cheaper than others they also have a .es web site you just put in correos, with the usual and you get on to their site which gives prices etc...

Good luck, It really is worth it, lovely life here in the sun....

Hi! You also can run your business registering as a autonomo, you need a gestor in Spain, did you find him/her? Let me know if not, I can help you. Have a greay day!

Printing is expensive in Spain Paul so if you charge 'UK prices' you'll clean up. I order flyers/business cards etc online from the UK because of the price difference.