Don't allow the Boi to let your ACR Card expire

In February 2015, I needed to renew my Visa, and I was getting a 6 month extension to take me to 18 October 2015.
But my ACR card was expiring in May 2015.  I asked if they could renew it early. They said NO, and I must do it at next Visa Renewal.

I wondered about that as it meant I would not have a valid ACR card from May to October.

In June I asked at another Boi office, and was again told, its OK, just renew at next Visa Renewal.

Now today, 28 September.  I have a Visa still to 18 October, but I need to fly out in 7 days time.

I go to the Boi to get my Emigration Clearance Certificate [ECC]

And the problems begin:

Sir, your ACR card has expired.  (Yes I know, giving full explanation)
Sir, you need an ACR card for an ECC.  (Yes I know, Can you renew the ACR now please)
Sir, you can only renew it when your renew your visa (Oh.. But I am leaving and don't need to renew the Visa )
Sir, You need to extend your visa, so you can get an ACR card, so you can get an ECC and leave... even though you don't need the Visa Extension.

6,000 pesos later, and about 3 hours later, I am told to come back on the 28th October to collect the ACR card.  (But I am leaving on the 5th, I say)
You can get someone else to collect it.  (What about the airport and me leaving)?
Just show them the receipt. As long as we have the money you can leave OK.

Frustration and the Philippines....

Glad I applied for the ECC in plenty of time...

ABCDiamond wrote:

In February 2015, I needed to renew my Visa, and I was getting a 6 month extension to take me to 18 October 2015.
But my ACR card was expiring in May 2015.  I asked if they could renew it early. They said NO, and I must do it at next Visa Renewal.

I wondered about that as it meant I would not have a valid ACR card from May to October.

In June I asked at another Boi office, and was again told, its OK, just renew at next Visa Renewal.

Now today, 28 September.  I have a Visa still to 18 October, but I need to fly out in 7 days time.

I go to the Boi to get my Emigration Clearance Certificate [ECC]

And the problems begin:

Sir, your ACR card has expired.  (Yes I know, giving full explanation)
Sir, you need an ACR card for an ECC.  (Yes I know, Can you renew the ACR now please)
Sir, you can only renew it when your renew your visa (Oh.. But I am leaving and don't need to renew the Visa )
Sir, You need to extend your visa, so you can get an ACR card, so you can get an ECC and leave... even though you don't need the Visa Extension.

6,000 pesos later, and about 3 hours later, I am told to come back on the 28th October to collect the ACR card.  (But I am leaving on the 5th, I say)
You can get someone else to collect it.  (What about the airport and me leaving)?
Just show them the receipt. As long as we have the money you can leave OK.

Frustration and the Philippines....

Glad I applied for the ECC in plenty of time...

How many times are they going to pull this kind of BS without any consideration for us...Is it any wonder they continually lose their foreign guests...I have already left cause of the countless crap such as what you had to go through...

this really is a case of corruption or the left hand not knowing what right hand is doing ! I would like to see philippine consulate made aware of this and immigration but problem is how far up the ladder does this charge for breathing air go.

I've been back and forward to the Philippines a few times now, trying to accept the frustration at times.  But I think this is enough.  I'll not bother getting the ACR card collected by anyone.  I don't think I will be back again after I get out this time.

silverman wrote:

this really is a case of corruption or the left hand not knowing what right hand is doing ! I would like to see philippine consulate made aware of this and immigration but problem is how far up the ladder does this charge for breathing air go.

So true..and employ people who don't even know the job description but then follow a hand book of rules chronologically.

Same thing happpened to me @ABCDiamond last year when i was leaving. Fought with a whole lot of them in immigration for one person saying this and the next day another person saying that..at the end i paid so as not to look like i just don't want to pay the money.

I was just in the country earlier this month for only  a week and some days...when i was existing at the airport the immigration officer at the counter said to me after thoroughly looking in my passport "where is your visa?" i then showed him the little stump they put in your passport on arrival and he then looks at me and says "This not a visa! is just a stump!. and i was like well that is what i got as a visa on arrival. He then looks at the visa on arrival countries...take the same "small Stump" and stumps exit on my passport. Like he does not know his own country visa stump but is working there at immigration. smh.

A lot of Frustrations when it comes to government issues, but I just love the Philippines  :D

Full of scammer  at the airport.dont trust those people at the airport.

junecki wrote:

Dont trust anyone anywhere   :lol:    until they have shown they are trustworthy.    (Although I have noticed a high percentage of some tribes are trustwoirthy.)

But you are right, higher risk at places as airports and some places with many tourists by money are as magnets for scammers and at airports there are more people "needing" assistance by scammers   :)

coach53 wrote:
junecki wrote:

Dont trust anyone anywhere   :lol:    until they have shown they are trustworthy.    (Although I have noticed a high percentage of some tribes are trustwoirthy.)

But you are right, higher risk at places as airports and some places with many tourists by money are as magnets for scammers and at airports there are more people "needing" assistance by scammers   :)

coach53 wrote:
junecki wrote:

Good to see you have finally seen the light Coach and adopted my advice  :top:

Never had a problem going through Philippine immigration and I've lost count of the number of visits over the years. Maybe they take one look at me and think that I'm an 'OK guy' or it could be the look that says 'don't you dare scam me motherf****r'. Or it could be that I always pick the line with a female officer , give her the biggest smile and say 'Mabuhay, what time do you get off ?'  :D

coach53 wrote:

there are more people "needing" assistance by scammers   :)

Yes times are bad....may just get worse.