Lost phone on Karwa Taxi

Hi guys, would like some advice.

I left my phone in a taxi by mistake to villagio. and by the time i ran out for it, he drove off. he called my friend through skype on my phone (he refused to answer all other calls when i tried to contact my phone) and he said he will return it the day after at where I was picked up in the hotel at 7am

Funny enough, he refused to give his contact number and he had really bad english. I waited for 2 hours from 650am till 850am and he didnt show up ( i sat outside the hotel to wait for this guy) the hotel management managed to get a security footage and i managed to get his car number plate. (Karwa 566) and he should be indian, with bad english and smokes alot.

Called Karwa but they didnt seem to do anything but to wait.it has been 3 days now., and i am worried he might forage through my phone and find my credit card details. have already blocked most of it but it is still worrying. is there any suggestions from you guys on what i can do? i changed all my passwords on my personal accounts so it logs out. but i was stupid enough to not have a lock password on the phone itself.

please help. any suggestions would be good.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : message removed - asked by the initiator

Have you any complaints, concerns or suggestions? You can contact Karwa mowasalat Complaint Management Office either by dialing 44588888 or by e-mailing to: [email protected]. You will be notified about the action taken.

yeah i will call the cops now and see how it goes. i did sent a complaint to Karwa but they said they cant do anything about it because they are off due to EID

Two Ways -
1. Go to Karwa office and speak about it. One of my friend also lost his mobile in Karwa taxi and we got it back after two hours only.

2. Visit the nearest police station as people already suggested you. You are lucky if you have taxi no. so provide taht taxi number to the police and that's it, you will get your phone back.

Good Luck!!!

Hi Buddy,

Firstly pray and wish you get back your phone. Please update us once you find phone so that we can learn from your experience.

Allan

Hey guys. yeah I manage to find the phone.

Turned out, Karwa made an enquiry to the taxi drivers driving the number plate. He returned the phone just yesterday at 6pm to the lost and found department and did not give any details or whatsoever. Karwa called me this afternoon informing me they found an S6 but it might not be mine as there were no details given. i drove down and verified it and it was indeed, thank god, mine. The manager told me, every time you get into a cab, they have a touchscreen on it and it shows the drivers ID/Carplate. best to take a picture of it as reference because he said the driver could have said he didnt take it and i wouldnt have gotten my phone back as no evidence was given. Also, if you have the drivers ID, Karwa is able to track the driver immediately after you call them. the number plate however, is not possible.