New in Doha - Some recommendation of food places

Hey everyone!

As of today i've been in Doha 2 weeks, still getting used to it, what a mix of feelings and impressions!

I'm a graphic designer and illustrator from Venezuela, fluent in English, Spanish, also "functional" in French... I'm into all things cultural: art, music, film, FOOD! and of course travel and meeting interesting people.

I still don't know exactly what to expect from this new phase, so i just keep an open mindset and welcome new experiences. Also looking forward to the cool months when one can take walks outside HA!  :lol:

PezB wrote:

Hey everyone!

As of today i've been in Doha 2 weeks, still getting used to it, what a mix of feelings and impressions!

I'm a graphic designer and illustrator from Venezuela, fluent in English, Spanish, also "functional" in French... I'm into all things cultural: art, music, film, FOOD! and of course travel and meeting interesting people.

I still don't know exactly what to expect from this new phase, so i just keep an open mindset and welcome new experiences. Also looking forward to the cool months when one can take walks outside HA!  :lol:

Food!! You need to let me know if you spot any good food place ;):top:

Lizounne wrote:
PezB wrote:

Hey everyone!

Have i spotted any? Since my arrival all i've done is eat!  :D

So many options, of all kinds and price ranges. I haven't gone to any of the fancy places (i've read about some in the blogs section), but here are a few of my favorites so far:

Shakespeare and Co (in The Pearl and Dar Al Salam mall)
Magnolia Bakery (Dar Al Salam mall)
these two are great for meals as well as snacks and desserts (oh the desserts!)

a mongolian noodle place in City Centre Mall food court (don't remember name)
Al Majless (arabian, don't remember location... there's another famous arabian place near Souq Waqif everyone raves about).

Argo Tea (i think it's in Landmark mall)
PAUL (various locations, Landmark, Villaggio, i think Paul being French you surely already know it).

so far that's it but i'm always on the hunt for nice good places, let us know your own recommendations ;)

PezB wrote:
Lizounne wrote:
PezB wrote:

Hey everyone!

Have i spotted any? Since my arrival all i've done is eat!  :D

So many options, of all kinds and price ranges. I haven't gone to any of the fancy places (i've read about some in the blogs section), but here are a few of my favorites so far:

Shakespeare and Co (in The Pearl and Dar Al Salam mall)
Magnolia Bakery (Dar Al Salam mall)
these two are great for meals as well as snacks and desserts (oh the desserts!)

a mongolian noodle place in City Centre Mall food court (don't remember name)
Al Majless (arabian, don't remember location... there's another famous arabian place near Souq Waqif everyone raves about).

Argo Tea (i think it's in Landmark mall)
PAUL (various locations, Landmark, Villaggio, i think Paul being French you surely already know it).

so far that's it but i'm always on the hunt for nice good places, let us know your own recommendations ;)

My belly and I say thank you :)
I will try and check these places once I arrive in Doha. I know Paul yes, they were as well in London, I think they are everywhere now. In france I would not go there as it is unfortunately just frozen stuff and when you have the choice fresh is best :D

Adrienne R wrote:

Layali at Lagoona mall for Lebanese food and Dakshin in Barwa Village for Indian

I need to create a "To do food list" ;)

Hello all :)

@PezB:
Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your first post so as to allow you more interaction with other members.

Regards
Kenjee

Quick update:

I've tried Nando's which a lot of people have recommended and it is probably my favorite multi-location eatery in Doha. Great prices and they have delivery too. Chicken is always fresh and juicy and a wide selection of yummy sides.

Went to Bandar Aden at Souq Waqif... entered thinking it was the famous Al Bandar but that one is farther in the Souq. Bandar Aden is Yemeni, i think. Simple place, the food i had was good, and VERY cheap. Of course, when ordering a chicken dish most of it was rice, but it was a delicious rice with cardamom and other spices.

Wagamama in Ezdan Mall... good noodles and ramen, not extraordinary but very good, with nice crunchy fried onions on top and lots of other little spices that i hadn't seen in other asian restaurants, not sure if it's "authentic" but they gave a nice touch to the dishes. Place is comfortable and staff is nice though a bit over-eager.

The newly opened IHOP in Gulf Mall... First time i've had "beef bacon" that actually kinda resembles "real bacon", at least in looks and texture. It's good that Doha has all these American places, if that's your sort of thing.

The chicken Shawarma at IKEA is delicious and cheap.

All this may be old news for residents, but hopefully it's useful for newcomers like me... will keep scouting for good food!

any good french resto?

My share:

* Afghan Brothers - they have several branches and they serve the best meat (chicken, mutton etc), paired with authentic style of eating where you sit inside a small room and you eat on the floor with your hands.
https://www.zomato.com/doha/restaurants … restaurant

* Shake Shack - in Villaggio. This is my favorite burger place just because they have the best burger.
https://www.zomato.com/doha/shake-shack-al-waab

* La Spaghetto - in Al Sadd near Royal Plaza.
https://www.zomato.com/doha/lo-spaghetto-al-sadd/menu

* La Dolce Vita - in Souq Waqif. This is my favorite Italian restaurant in Doha. They have cozy ambiance and the owners deal directly with their customers giving unique experience. Very tasty food!
https://www.zomato.com/doha/la-dolce-vita-souq-waqif

For cheap thrills:

* Lamazani - they serve kebab, kofta, etc on sticks for only 4 QAR each.
https://www.zomato.com/doha/restaurants … restaurant

* Habeeb - in Mater Qadeem (old airport area). For those who don't have time to get out of the car and dine in, just honk and order your shawarma. Quick bite!
https://www.zomato.com/doha/habeeb-rest … rport-area

* Doha Rocks - there are couple of branches but the one in Barwa Village is what I prefer coz you get to sit outside, al fresco dining while enjoying their very affordable food and drinks. Not chaotic, good for those who like to be a little far away from the center.
https://www.zomato.com/doha/doha-rocks-barwa-village

Far Drive from Doha (good for the weekend)

* Pearl of Beirut - in Al Khor, approximately 50 Kms away from the city. This is your typical Asian restaurant, the place is very basic but you will get the cheapest and freshest catch of the day. Shrimps, crabs, squid etc. Don't go there during peak hours such as lunch time and dinner time, you will NOT get a place to sit. It's going to be full of Filipinos, Indonesians and Malaysians all the way from Doha.

* Al Sultan Resort - in Al Khor. Food is not so great, but I go there for shisha beside the beach.

I'll add some more if I have time.

RC

thx mate.. i remember to have eaten only 1 type last time i was in doha.. pretty depressing.. organisers fault!

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Promotion of own websites and services not allowed
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

There are So many restaurants u can go in Doha
Italian, American, Arabian,Mexican, Asian and international foods
Depend on ur  interest, budget & location
Ezdan mall, Gulf mall, Lagoona Mall, The mall, Souq Waqef, the Pearl (madina central and other places), Katara and the food court in City centre, Villagio, Landmark and  u can find individual restaurants near to Al saad, Dafna and New doha area

try
Al Nahham Restaurant
‪Ipanema‬

‪Rodizio - The Brazilian Churrascaria‬

sea food,
al qarmouti , little sailor,

lebenase /syrian ,
al saha , haret jdoudna,  el bait el shami , damasca

for yamni,
al dewanyh , el ekhwan(bothers), al bait el yamni,

Copacabana al wakrah ‬

you must try zait o zaatar and al eker konafa in souq waqef,
and if you like hommous and falafel must try abu aisheh also in waqef ,,

persia also has a nice interior in waqef.