Elementary schools in Rincon

What English, bilingual, or private schools are in Rincon, or very close? I am aware of Without Walls Academy and plan to check them out in the future, but wondering what other options there may be.

I also know of Semillas.  I haven't taken the time to check it out myself, but here is their webpage:

- snhpuertorico.org/en/about-us/

I have driven by.  It looks like they are in a house off of 115 between Rincon and Aguada.  They have a sign posted at 115 right at the road that turns off to their place.  Now that I have shared the website with you, I guess I better go do my own research LOL!  ;)

Semilla is $6700 a year.  I find that way to expensive.  Seems like a nice school. However I refuse to pay more for education for children then what it would cost for them to go to college in Puerto Rico.  The average credit at a Puerto Rico college is $55.  I was told by a local English speaking person who has lived in Rincon for 4 years that. A school named something Perez on 413 in puntas Rincon is a great public school and they also have lots of help for English kids learning Spanish

sandrarduncan wrote:

Semilla is $6700 a year.  I find that way to expensive.  Seems like a nice school. However I refuse to pay more for education for children then what it would cost for them to go to college in Puerto Rico.  The average credit at a Puerto Rico college is $55.  I was told by a local English speaking person who has lived in Rincon for 4 years that. A school named something Perez on 413 in puntas Rincon is a great public school and they also have lots of help for English kids learning Spanish

No way are we paying $6700/year!! Thank you for that piece of info. Without Walls is pretty cheap so we would consider them. We will definitely look at the school in Puntas too! Thank you!!

Actually I rechecked the price it was $6388. Last year.  It does seem like I nice school. If you do the math. It comes to about $5.09 an hour .So when you look at it that way .It's not that expensive.  I contacted with out walls yesterday and they do have openings

The elementary school in Puntas is public, but a good school.  There is also MASIS in Añasco, it is prívate and I do not l do not know the cost. There is WALKS in Mayaguez, that runs about $350 a month.

As of last week. Without walls aren't accepting any more students.  People are told to check back in January for availability.   Also mama Mel's on 413 is another private school that integrates both English and Spanish.  Not quite sure of the cost. I have been told from several people different prices

My real estate agent told me the bi lingual private school in Aquadilla is very good (don't recall the name.), said he sends his own daughter there and they like it very well.

Driving from Rincon to aguadilla twice a day isn't ideal for most people. Figure in the round trip twice a day as well as the environmental footprint that you are leaving . I feel if someone wants their child to go to school in aduadilla they should live in the town    there are plenty are private bilingual schools in Puerto Rico.  You know there's are large demand otherwise it wouldn't be more for a person to send their child to private school then what you pay for college on the island .It's really ridiculous .  the cost of 1 credit a a university is $55.   It cost under $4000 a year for college education and more for private schools . It just doesn't add up.  Puerto Rico should be given credit to people living here when their child is enrolled in private schools due to the horrible public schools through out most of the island

I have heard great things about the school in Aguadilla.  I would definitely look into it.  As for the commute, you learn patience and short cuts very fast.  I drive my son everyday to Mayaguez.  With the road construction, it takes about an hour and 15 minutes round trip.  But I know he is getting a great education and he loves his school.  It is worth every penny we pay to the school and in gas.