Will my Kitchen appliances from UK work in Istanbul?

Hello!

My name is Kamali and I will be moving to Istanbul in 3 weeks time YES!!

I wonder if someone can help with some questions i have...

I will post as they occur to me but on I had was...Can I bring and use my kitchen appliances from the UK to Turkey?

I have a great blender and a juicer that cost I'd like to bring but I know nothing of wattage etc in Turkey.

Will they work with an adaptor?

Thanks all!

Hi,

Turkey has the standard 220 all over the place. So if your appliances are on 110, you may want to bring an adapter. I don't see why they shouldn't work with an adapter.

Good luck!
Z

Yes, Xeeschan is right.

Thanks for this guys

No problem, glad I could help. If you have any further queries please feel free to ask.

Good luck
Z

Hey!
I was of the opinion that an Electric apparatus bought in UK and reasonably modern comes with a switch with which you can choose between 110 Volt and 220 Volt. So you turn the switch to 220 if you connect to a 220 Volt net. I thought the problem was a pure mechanical one since the English connectors are different from Continental (DIN?). So you need that adapter to connect between english and Continental nets.
If on the other hand you possess an apparatus with 110 Volt capacity and not 220 volt capacity it can not be used in T. at all. :| /L-G.

That is also one option to check if they have the 110-220 conversion switch.

Regarding one being unable to use 110V in Turkey, I don't see why it should be a problem. I am using a 110V bass amp with a 220V converter and it works perfectly fine.

Z

Lars-Göran wrote:

Hey!
I was of the opinion that an Electric apparatus bought in UK and reasonably modern comes with a switch with which you can choose between 110 Volt and 220 Volt. So you turn the switch to 220 if you connect to a 220 Volt net. I thought the problem was a pure mechanical one since the English connectors are different from Continental (DIN?). So you need that adapter to connect between english and Continental nets.
If on the other hand you possess an apparatus with 110 Volt capacity and not 220 volt capacity it can not be used in T. at all. :| /L-G.