Private Healthcare in Bulgaria?

My situation: I'm preparing to move to Bulgaria, but after visiting an orthopedician here in Slovenia it appears that I will need an ankle arthroscopy (= minor sugery).

My choices now are:

1.) To go with the public system here in Slovenia which is going to delay my move for months because of the long waiting periods.

2.) To pay out of pocket and have it done it no time, but it's relatively pricey, about 1,800 EUR.

So naturally I am wondering how much would it cost to have this done in Bulgaria? If it's a lot less I would probably jump at the chance to have it done right away.

Any ideas how big the private health sector is in Bulgaria and what kind of services they offer?

Are there privately employed orthopedicians as well as public ones?

What does something like an ankle arthroscopy cost there?

Any experiences with the private health services down there? Are the doctors good?

We have healthcare with allienz, its very good, also the major natinatioal hospitals are good, I would like to geive you more details but I got a ban for sending a link before. If you hunt around on the Internet you will find me.

In my experience, healthcare in Bulgaria has generally been good (except for one very backwards ob/gyn I visited). From what I can tell, all practices accept private patients, you will just have to pay out of pocket for the procedure. Additionally, there are practices that do not accept the national health care and only work with private patients. For me, there has never been a wait for procedures, but I have had either very planned things (birth) or little things such as toenail trauma or visiting dentists. I am not sure the prices in Slovenia, but I know that compared to the US, private healthcare here is very cheap.

I would suggest contacting vita hospital in Sofia as a start, as they appear to have a very experienced head of orthopedics that speaks English and has published papers on knee arthroscopy. I went there once for an internal sonogram, and I found the center clean, more modern than other centers, and the staff were professional.