Cricket ?

Is there any cricket played on the island. Not talking high level stuff, just good social village type cricket.

I heard a while ago of a match between Indian and Australian expats, but other than that, I'm not aware of any cricket taking place on the island.  Given the increase in South Africans and Indians living on the island, perhaps this will change soon.

There is a lot of cricket happening and my frieds play every Sunday in Vacoas Gymkhana

Thanks Terence

May give you a shout when I arrive to get more details if thats OK.

Sure, It's always my pleasure to help.

Cheers!!!
Terence

aop wrote:

Thanks Terence

May give you a shout when I arrive to get more details if thats OK.

New cricket centre opening up by the Anjalay stadium, and of course cricket nets and coaching here at Northfields School.

Hi all,

Some colleagues and myself have started a cricket team . We are not ready to play matches yet, but are keen to start in the near future.

We are based around Grand Baie in the north. We are looking for some facilities to train at on a Sunday morning. Could somebody please give me the contact details for the pitches next to the Anjalay Stadium?

Many thanks

Mark

Also to add what Terence stated.

There is lot of cricket and tournaments been played at Gymkhana..
If I m not worng more than 5-6 teams are there already....
Unfortunately I am not cricket fan, but at times I do visit them to meet some friends on Sunday :D

If you want hop- in sometime.. will introduce to them. may be they have a place to fill in ;-)

Cheers!!

terence wrote:

There is a lot of cricket happening and my frieds play every Sunday in Vacoas Gymkhana