Filipinos?

I just joined in hoping there are some Filipino around the Algarve that i can meet, been here in Portugal for 7 years and havent met proper filipino friend yet... Only in Phil. embassy in Lisbon... Hey guys anyone near my area do message me please, im currently in Portimao... 😉

Good luck with that! According to the Migration Policy Institute's interactive map :  http://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs … estination  there are so few Filipinos in Portugal they weren't even included on the map at all.

Sound's like your Embassy/Consulate is going to be about the only ones you'll find.

A search from the Portugal Network doesn't show any of our members who've given their status as LOCAL.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks, but it sound disappointing... Anyway, still hoping there will be one ... even just one!

there is a group in Facebook for pinoys and pinays living staying in Portugal.
And yeah, they exist here....

type for :
"Filipino Portuguese Association" -> says it have 727 members~
and
"pinoys in Portugal" , counts 194.

Expat.com is not the only reference on this matter right?

Well I'm in Portimao and Pinoy only by virtue of a prior marriage.
I've seen one asian here; they run the sundry store, you probably know it.
Are you still around?
Michael

Hello Christina,
Arrived here in Portimao/Carvoeiro just three weeks ago.
Nice that you have so many Filipinos in Portugal but I don't see many replies?
My youngest daughter, 20, has a Spring break mid March, coming to visit me for a week.
I think I'll take her to Lisbon sometime while she's here and a day/two to Madrid.
It's just a quick trip which limits what she can see. Idea is to hang with me and come back summertime between her jobs.
I have the idea to stay in Portugal. Well we'll see.
Lots of possibilities.
Best thoughts,
Michael

Hi,

I am responding as my wife is Filipino (I am American) and we are looking at The Algarve as a potential retirement destination. 
We will be visiting for about two weeks in early to mid November.  We would definitely have interest in connecting with many other people.
I noticed that your post was several months ago.  We would be interested in your experiences so far.

Thanks,

Richie

Hi Ella, my name is John and we will be moving here shortly. I am already in Albufeira, my girlfriend from Cagayan valley will join next year

There is one Ella, here it is. What do you do in Portamao?

Bradshawhal wrote:

There is one Ella, here it is. What do you do in Portamao?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The post you're responding to is over 5 years old and the author has not been back since then.  Perhaps start a new thread to introduce yourself to the people who are around today.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team