Questions about Amazon shopping and palmers products in Floripa

Hello everyone,
I have 2 questions:
1_ what about shopping from Amazon here in Brazil? Is it easy , smooth , you get all your order with no taxes and no problems or hidden fees? Or it has some problems ? Please advise me I need some stuff asap which I can't find here for me and my baby.

2_ where can I find Palmers products in Florianopolis? (Palmers are products , Creams and lotions for stretch marks and for pregnant women in general)
Or if Palmers can not be found here, what is the best alternative (thick creams) have the same effect ?
Thank you so much in advance.

Hi SweetGirl1900,

If you're purchasing from Amazon.com and the product is coming from outside of Brazil, you can't escape the taxes. Brazil imposes a 60 percent import tax on EVERYTHING. Also your purchase will probably be held by Receita Federal (Customs) until the tax is paid and this may cause significant delays. I'd recommend buying locally if at all possible.

Regarding Palmer's Products I really don't know anything about them, or if they're available here. However, there is a cream that you can purchase at any major pharmacy here in Brazil. Cicatricure Creme and it's supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread for reducing scars and stretch marks. Just Google the product name and you'll see their whole product line and prices. Or visit their website at http://www.cicatricure.com.br/site/ruga … ure-creme/ . The advantage here is that if Palmer's needs to be imported you'll save that tax by purchasing Cicatricure Creme because it's a national brand.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi Mr. James
Thank you so so much for these very useful answers. Thank God I asked here before buying from Amazon *_*
Thanks again muito obrigado 👍

No problem my dear, that's what I'm here for.... to keep everybody well informed. There was absolutely nobody to do that when I came to this country over 13 years ago. Just imagine how SCARY that was!!!

Cheers,
James

I swear you are right :( we have internet and good people like you who guide us and google with all its precious kinds of help and we still feel lost somewhat. What if there is nothing at all and you must depend on yourself and take the risks all the time!! This is horrible :(

James wrote:

No problem my dear, that's what I'm here for.... to keep everybody well informed. There was absolutely nobody to do that when I came to this country over 13 years ago. Just imagine how SCARY that was!!!

Cheers,
James

Hi Mr . James,  would you help me in this please if you don't mind
I found palmers online in a local store, when I proceeded to check out, this appeared to me

Showing product values ​​and shipping zip code 90560-001.
The prices, product availability and delivery forms may vary according to your region.
Change CEP

What should I do in this step? I'm in Florianopolis btw.
Thank you so much in advance.

The CEP is the postal code of your address. If you don't know your CEP then you'll have to either ask someone what it is or you can check by typing your address into the Correios "Busca CEP" website: http://www.buscacep.correios.com.br/    that will show your CEP and you enter that number in that step in your order.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you soooo much ! That was really useful  :thanks: