Bp. Roo project

Hi

New to this forum, would like to know if anyone working on the Bp roo project, been offered a job
Not worked in Basra before,

What is the routine when arriving who meets you at airport etc, security wise
What is the going rate for commissioning engineers
What is the accommodation like, is it generally guarded camps

Any a advice welcomed first timer

Ral

Hi,

I would like to say welcome first since you joined this forum, Im an employed in Oil field since 2008 in Kurdistan / Iraq, please do let me know what kind of help you want from my side.

Thanks
A.Richard

RalI:

I  worked for ROO project ,

What is the routine when arriving who meets you at airport etc, security wise :
You should received all these details before you travel to Basra , your agency ( NES Golbal , Air engery , Brunel ) they should provide such information.
When you arrive you will need to get your Iraq visa stamped , after you done with that you recover your luggage , and would will step outside  , you will find ROO meet-greet local guy who will show you what to do later on. ( you should receive the name and photo of the meet and greet guy + cell number )
What is the going rate for commissioning engineers :
for Senior engineers the rate ranged between 1400 to 2000 usd \day ( depends on experience ), but recently they cut 15 % of days rate for all expats. ( advise accept any rate ) many are looking for jobs now.
What is the accommodation like, is it generally guarded camps  :
it's heavily guarded , security is not an issue , the Living camp is excellent as well the food .

Let me know if you need further information.

Kindly,

Faz

hi,

yes i am interested in this project.Now tell me the procedure to join this job.

regards,

engr owais

Hello Guys,

hope you are all good at the moment, I am Robert from Uganda, worked in Iraq in the oil fields from 2012 to 2015 with an ICT company Sama Al Azdhar ICT Services Iraq,I am still interested in working in Iraq particularly Basra and the oil fields, is there any chance that I can get a job from that side in any way. any advice will be helpful thanks.

Hello rmalaba06,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that your chances of receiving answers to your question on this thread, which dates back to 2015, are not very high.

You'll have better luck by creating a new thread on the Iraq forum:)

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com