Looking for furnished apt in Dorado beginning October

I am in need of a 2 bedroom furnished apartment in Dorado beginning next month, October. I have tried contacting several realtors with very few getting back to me. I have even contacted people from ads on clasificadosonline with a very low response rate.

Does anyone know someone personally I can contact to help?

Realtors here are horrible.   Remember dorado is very expensive part of Puerto Rico to live. Here is the available furnished places in dorado.   http://www.clasificadosonline.com/UDRen … -+Busqueda

Mveitenhans wrote:

I am in need of a 2 bedroom furnished apartment in Dorado beginning next month, October. I have tried contacting several realtors with very few getting back to me. I have even contacted people from ads on clasificadosonline with a very low response rate.

I recommend Carlos Torres from 24/7 Real Estate.
Cell 787-527-3324
Office 787-504-9787
Email 247realestatepr[at]gmail.com

This guy is bilingual, very friendly, knowledgable, it is currently handling all sorts of issues for me about a property in Ceiba.
He will show you the area of your choice, his listings and listings of others and if you see a property, he will investigate it for you and make appropriate contact.

This guy will go more than the extra mile.
Let him know I send you, Reinaldo Perez and let me know if you are not completely delighted with the guy.

Other people in this forum have used his services besides me. Let him know I send you and he will take good care of you.

Thank you so much for that info!  I will contact Carlos right now and see if he can help.  I'll let you know what happens!

Meagan

sandrarduncan wrote:

Realtors here are horrible.   Remember dorado is very expensive part of Puerto Rico to live. Here is the available furnished places in dorado.   http://www.clasificadosonline.com/UDRen … -+Busqueda

First here is a great listing I found for you here in Dorado:  http://www.clasificadosonline.com/UDRen … ID=1096278 2 bedrooms, Completely Furnished,  with Pool and Controlled Access, it also says beach for only $825...In another thread I saw you were looking for around $1000 per month range. I searched "Amueblado" which is Spanish for Furnished. 

Also it's such a misconception that Dorado is expensive...not everyone that lives in Dorado is wealthy. Expensive in Comparison to what the West Coast or the Mountains? I actually find it way more affordable to live in Dorado than in San Juan. Also in some cases it may be cheaper to buy a property in Dorado versus the San Juan Metro Area.

As far as searching for properties Classificados Online is the best resource...most Realtors list their properties there anyways...send emails from the listings and keep calling. Realtors here normally focus on Selling vs. Renting...if you are going to use a Realtor I recommend Remax here in Dorado...they are all Bilingual and I think its best to use a Realtor that is familiar with the area. I recommend in your price range to search the Costo del Oro or Dorado del Mar area if you want to be close to the beach.

Private Schools are expensive in dorado. So if you have children it will cost you a lot of money

Thank you Dora! I just emailed Marta about this place. Hopefully I hear back from her! This sounds perfect and right in my monthly rent range. I would agree this is much more affordable than where I live currently, in Tacoma Washington! I have seen several affordable places in Dorado despite what others have said about it being expensive. Although I've also heard that electricity costs around $250 a month in PR, whereas electricity costs about $100 every 2 months for an apartment here! Yikes!

We are from nh. Nh electric rates is the second highest in the states. When we llive in joyuda our electric bill was $175 to $250. When we moved to arecibo we pay $78 to $118. The place in arecibo has solar water tank. So I assume this is why our electric bill is so cheap. We are moving to Rincon next month and we also have a solar water tank too. So I am assuming it will be fairly cheap there as well.

From all my research, Rincon is where I would love to live! I hope to visit and surf there at least. We need to be close to Dorado because that's where my boyfriend got a job.

There is a great surfing beach in Dorado too where they even have international surfing contests....it is called Kikita and there are surfers there every day. My electric bill is around $70 a month for a two story home I own way less than what I paid in San Juan for just an. Apartment. Schools are more expensive in the Metro Area including Dorado than the West Coast...however they also have better reputations. Tasis is pricey but Dorado Academy actually is resonable

Oh cool...I'll check out Kikita!  Luckily we don't have any kids yet so we won't be worrying about schools 😀 $70 a month sounds pretty affordable!

Mveitenhans wrote:

You're not alone.  I don't get it.  Even looking at $500,000 properties some don't seem to care enough to get back with you.  I've also inquired on $300,000 homes.  One called me back, then hung up.  I call back and they don't answer.  You would think they would be doing a better job for the seller, especially if they could earn a 6% commission or whatever they are charging.  How are they going to sell it when they don't give the buyer even a minimal level of service?!?

csmi wrote:
Mveitenhans wrote:

You're not alone.  I don't get it.  Even looking at $500,000 properties some don't seem to care enough to get back with you.  I've also inquired on $300,000 homes.  One called me back, then hung up.  I call back and they don't answer.  You would think they would be doing a better job for the seller, especially if they could earn a 6% commission or whatever they are charging.  How are they going to sell it when they don't give the buyer even a minimal level of service?!?

There are a lot of unresponsive Realtors in the island.
If you are serious about purchasing or renting long term I can put you in contact with a good realtor that knows what he is doing and that is very responsive and responsible. Just Private Message me and I will give you the info.

Realtors make little on Rentals, usually the same as a month rent, If you are not going for a year rental a lot of them will get even less so they won't listen to your calls.

Running around for days on end showing you apartments for a 1 time $500 payment is not cost effective for them.