New to all this yes I am- In Targu Mures need some infos + meet ups?

Travelled all the way from the Midlands in The UK near Derby, in our campervan called Betty for obvious reasons if you saw here ;) ... It should have took 5 days though took nearly 2 weeks due to a clutch failure in Deggendorff Bavaria... Oh what fun and games that was.

Well been here 5 or so weeks in Targu Mures, been trying to find somewhere / someone to Teach me Romanian, so I can integrate more effectively. Impressed by the huge number of people who can speak English, which defeats the object for me.

Me and my partner have already been to a small festival held here last weekend, Maris Fest, loved it. Plus as a bonus this was the 1st Maris Fest hopefully there will be another next year. Surprisingly where my partner works the young ones never even knew it was going off...

I would like to find out what I need to do to find some part time work e.g. Permits I.D cards and where I apply for them. Hope we get to meet some of you in the near future especially if you live in TGM.

cheers
Codge

Hi Codge,

Assuming you're an English passport holder, you don't need any permits to live or work in Romania (at least until the anti-Euro brigade get their way). Before the end of three months since arriving in Romania, you have to register with the Autoritatea pentru Straini. You can do this in Targu Mures. The address is, assuming their website is up-to-date, 14 Str. Mihai Kogalniceanu. To register you'll need various things but if you go there, they'll give you a list.

Once you have the 'certificat de inregistrare' you'll find something called a 'CNP' (Cod Numeric Personal) on the certificate. This is basically like your National Insurance number. When you have one of these, you can get a job wherever you like, assuming someone gives you a job and you have the required qualifications, obviously. The CNP is used to register you for tax purposes. You don't need a work permit.

Thank you very much Mayhal much appreciated, I thought I would need to somewhere within 3 months though was not sure where.

You're welcome and good luck!