Lecturer salary at KL, Malaysia. RM 8000/Month

Hi, I received an Offer from an University located Kuala Lumpur, as Lecturer having salary RM8000/Month, separately providing Housing allowance RM 1500/Month and even EPF. I am planning to move to Kuala Lumpur with my Spouse and 2 years kid, just wanted to know is this good offer and what is the kids education cost over there?

Hi depends on subject. Econs ok. Physics terrible. Alos depends on uni. Some only expect very little allowing time to do extra work.

It's a good offer maybe for a fresh PhD with minimum publication and teaching experience. But its definitely not a good salary for a doctorate from a reputated institution with valuable publications and teaching experience.

hi ..8k is good. whats ur plan for kids.. if they are going to school ? if u plan to put it in CBSE schools in KL..its costly.. I work as lecturer..so I knew.

Many universties pay 20k plus per month.

8k for a fifth rate place like eg lincoln/help is good. Not for a reputable uni.

are there music teaching positions at university or highschool physics/math positions please?