Thinking of moving / working in dubai

Hi fellow Malaysians,

i have been thinking about moving to dubai for a job opportunity. debating on if this is a good idea or not. wondering if there are a lot of malaysians here in dubai, what the lifestyle is like, etc....

thanks ! :)

Hi!
The advantage in this country is, you can live with your own life style which means this country is a home away from home. We can see the reflection of the world countries and the people who live in this country are so happy about it. Coming to this country will be a good move since that's the easy way to get a job in this country. Wish you best of luck :):top:

I would advise against moving to Dubai. I am here on a 2 year contract, and am regretting it already. I have only been here for 4 months, and already am counting the days until I can leave.

Think long and hard before coming here.

hey there,

do you mind me asking what has made you regret being there ? like anything specific ? or ................ ??

rockyroad9 wrote:

hey there,

do you mind me asking what has made you regret being there ? like anything specific ? or ................ ??

Keep in mind, when averages are concerned, exceptions are not counted. There is nothing in the universe which can give 100% satisfaction. I'm not disrespecting the negative opinions, it may be because of some bitter experiences felt. But the fact, that is more than 90% of the expats in this country are happy.

Hi rockyroad9,
Coming to Dubai it will be a success step cause you can live with your own life style and sure you can meet Malaysians too as most of world nationalities are living here in peace.

Best wishes :)

Lifestyle in Dubai is normal, but the sword hanging over most expats' head is the employment and the visa.  Without these, your time in the country is limited to 30 days at any given time.  In your own country nobody can ask you to leave.  Expats appear to be happy, but their lives are driven by what happens at work.  Live is around work, hence it is hard to plan much from a personal point of view.  That said, UAE is a better country than most of the others in this region because of the fairly open lifestyle.  Moneywise, the Dirham is pretty much same as that of Malaysian money (ringett?), but quite costlier.  Rent takes away bulk of your earnings.  See the posts related to salary in the forum.

"90%" of expats are happy with living in Dubai? Pretty sure that is not correct. I meet people from all over all the time and most can not wait to go back home. Most I have met are here because of their spouse and dont have same life as before. So they are just trying to get by the best they can. For me I really dont care for how rude people are. Men, women, and even kids. These just my opinion

SintaUAE wrote:

"90%" of expats are happy with living in Dubai? Pretty sure that is not correct. I meet people from all over all the time and most can not wait to go back home. Most I have met are here because of their spouse and dont have same life as before. So they are just trying to get by the best they can. For me I really dont care for how rude people are. Men, women, and even kids. These just my opinion

I respect your opinion, but what I meant is about the people who live in a foreign country. I mean compared to other countries, this country is a home away from home. Any way, it depends on the perspective and experience.  :top::top: