FAQ: From tourist visa to fiance per/spouse res permit while in Norway

No. You just wait for them to send it. I think after i sent the old one it just took 3-5 days when they sent everything back.

Hi! 😊 To those of you that submitted their family reunification application in Manila, did you have to authenticate your marriage certificate in dfa? Thanks 😊

Hi , 
How can my Norwegian Girlfriend helps me to have Norwegian fiancé permit if i'm living out of Norway?

Hi,
How can my Norwegian girlfriend helps me to  get Norwegian fiancé permit if i'm living out of Norway?

@Hakkimo just check the udi website it is all there if you read it, from requirements to process.

If you apply for family reunification in Manila, does the embassy ask for Marriage Certificate from NSO? Or the one from Norway is enough? Thanks

I went to get the MC today and found out i have to wait 15 working days for the release. My passport appointment is this coming Thurs. I want to change my passport lastname before applying for the residency. If I won't be able to get it in time, I might just apply for the family teunification with my maiden name. Does anyone here applied for the residency using their maiden name? Did you encounter an issue? I hope you can share your experience. Thanks

When i got married here in norway and applied for residency and registration at skatteetaten it was all under my maiden name. I didn't it right away because i was thinking about my other documents in the Philippines that might need changing like my nursing license.

But then after some months i decided to cahnge my last name. In my opinion i find it easy to change the last name:

-changing name in registration in skattetaten is just like change name on social medias and it has an instant domino effect with all your public/governmental records in norway
-you can check in udi page how to order for new residence card with your new last name or you can wait for your renewal time and it is automatically changed to your new last name registereres at skatteetaten
-changing name on your passport, you can check the philippine embassy website, the challenging part on this one is you have to go to oslo in person

Hi Stephy

I just got back from Norway last weekend to apply for the fam reunification here in Manila. I really want to change my lastname in the passport right from the very start and just do the skattetateen when im back in Norway. I booked my appointment before I came to Norway 3 months ago. I been planning ahead while waiting for the availability of our MC from NSO. Before I came home I emailed PSA asking if the MC is already available and they confirmed that yes and that I can already request for it. I went there today and found out that I have to wait 15 working days before they release it. Im so furious today why is the system like that and they even confirmed to me. Another prob is the passport appointment on Thurs. If I dont have the MC as part of the requirement for change of name, they wont let me in. If dnt show up I'll be banned. The prob is the appointment was the old system and been trying to view it online to resched or cancel, its nt possible. Now I tried to check the latest available slot and its on Nov 😢. I dnt know what to do. 🙁

I understand your situation. I can't give you any advice on that since you are taking another path of process :) I just shared the options that I know if in case it will be done here in Norway. Therefore i just answered the part where you asked about those who applied residency here under their maiden name, and in my case my post earlier was what i did :)

Yes, thanks Stephy I appreciate your reply as always. I just hope someone will reply too who experienced applying here in the Philippines. Im going to go back to NSO today so pray for me please that I will get the MC. Thanks

Hello everyone just want to know someone who experience like this. I just come back from norway this august having a visit visa and
im planning to go to norway this november and my brother in law will be my guarantor again and then When i came there me and my norwegian boyfriend will apply for fiancee visa . Is it possible to do like that even my brother in law will be my guarantor again for just easiest way again to get there.

Thank you in advance :) and im willing to listen to all suggestion :) thanks.

Yes it's very possible. Once you put in the application your boyfriend will then become your reference person and he will need to prove that he earns enough to support you

Hello!

Thanks for sharing your experiences here as I have found this thread informative. My situation is quite different, since its a residence card of EU/EEA partner. Would you guys know anyone who has applied for this type and how long the processing time is, based on actual experiences?

Finally, a quite menial question, but do copies of documents such as passport really need to be notarised?

Thanks in advanced!

Hi guys!
I have a 1year residence permit as a university student in Norway ,so I'm confused that can I use my study residence permit to register a self employed company in Norway? please help me.
thank you so much.

Thank you so much for the info :)
Really appreciated.
I thought there will be a problems since my brother in law will be my guarantor going there again.
but how about the process somboer visa? Or i must better stick to fiancee visa. ?

Thank you so much for the info :)
Really appreciated.
I thought there will be a problems since my brother in law will be my guarantor going there.
But to apply fiancee visa what are the imporant things we need to have ?
but how about the process somboer visa? Or i must better stick to fiancee visa. ?

@hamimelorin
Maybe you should check other threads or create a new one. This thread is a different topic from your inquiry.

@mschel

The most important part in every application is the financial stability, meaning your fiance should be able to support you. Proof of this is having a job that meets the required salary.

It is always your choice what application you will take, choose whichever you think is right for you. :)

Thank you stephy you really helps a lot for my confused mind i really need to choose the better one because im pregnant ..

Hello
Jst heard some issues of my friend from norway shes asking for an any suggestion or maybe having the same instances like her so they will know what to do  . .
She is married to a norskman. They got married there in norway last june 2015 and they will have a baby soon, but still their papers is still pending because the reason from UDI her husband is married in phil to other woman before . but they are already divorced in norway but the UDI focus on phil. . They want the family visa to be approved before the baby come. 
Anyone have a suggestion or know what to do in this kind of issue? Thanks in advance. i hope they will have any solution fo this.

Hello,
I got my approval last week and want to thank everyone who shared insights, experiences and valuable information along the way especially TMilimo, Stephy25 and Nadkiz007. Thank you all, considering the fact that I was to wait for 17months based on UDI waiting time, its a relief to have it in 8 months!
I have a question - the letter of approval for family reunification did not indicate the name of my son who will be going with me. I had applied earlier for fiancé permit and got married and changed it to spouse. What do I do in this case? or is it normal to indicate only the spouse?
Thanks once again.

Great news.congrats.God bless.i am not sure of ur situation.may b stephy can give that info

Thank you Nadkiz007 :)

I have no experience with this since i don't have a child yet. You can call them right a way to ask or maybe you can wait for a week to see if a separate mail arrives then call if nothinf arrives.

Dear Stephy25,

Thank you so much!!!

Hi everyone! 😊 I applied for Family Reunification on Oct 10, 2016 at VFS Manila and its been 1 week now. I haven't receive any type of communication (yet) from the embassy or UDI. I hope it will be processed here in the Philippines though and we'll have in really soon so my husband and I can go back to Norway together when he comes here for Christmas holiday.

Anyone of you here who applied recently?

Hi stephy we are in same situation . I'm here for tourist visa now. And this visa will will b expired on 27 of November . We have already the list of papers submitted to skatteen . And then I have my problem of papers because it should be in red ribbon. So I need to get new documents like cenomar. So I did already . And my papers I think will be come next week. Is it possible to married in 2 weeks . Or do I need to apply first fiancée visa when I'm still waiting for my papers .

Thanks stephy

It is up to you to choose which convenient for you.

You can try to apply for fiance visa to get more time to prepare for your wedding, but keep in mind it is the same as applying for other visa, wherein there is a criteria to meet to be allowed to shift your tourist visa to another type. This will also need red ribbon birth cert and cenomar.

If you choose to get married, it depends on how fast your skatteetaten releases your test certificate. And after getting married you need to get a schedule at the politi under the udi portal which sometimes is full and may not fit the validity of your current tourist visa.

I cannot give any guarantee that any of the choices will give you a security of not going home. There might be a high chance of going home because of the limited time that you have.

But i wish you goodluck and hope that everything works out for you.

So whats the first thing we do. Call the politi and ask if am allowed to stay while waiting for the skatteen ..
Thanks stephy

What is the criteria for switching a visa . Did they need my school . I am bachelor's degree graduated this year .

In order to be considered as skilled worker, you need to submit a proof that you are a skilled worker that means your diploma and TOR. This should also be authenticated and legalized (red ribboned). Getting this diploma and TOR red ribboned can take much time for example you need to go to your school where you graduated etc.. If you have professional certificate or professional license then you can include this instead. Then again, please call Politi where you are located and ask them if you can be allowed to stay here.

Just like what stephy25 said, there might be a high chance of going home because of the limited time that you have.

Charieshilmarlove wrote:

So whats the first thing we do. Call the politi and ask if am allowed to stay while waiting for the skatteen ..
Thanks stephy

Reminder: I haven't met or heard from anyone that  has gotten permission to stay in Norway without visa On the basis of waiting for skatteetaten.

A person will be allowed to stay in Norway when their visa expires is IF they are waiting for a result from an ongoing visa application(example: you have an ongoing active application at the udi portal and already handed your requirements at the politi )

You can inquire with your politi or udi anytime to be sure.

Yeah but my papers is on the way here . Hopefully by Wednesday is coming. But anyway thanks for sharing and replying my message we ask tommorow to the politi if I can stay longer.

Best regards charies and hilmar

Hi what UDI should be used . Is it as a skilled worker. Where to submit my application .

Hi stephy my visa yet not yet expired . But this 27 of November
My papers is coming this Monday .
What should I do first . What UDI should I used. Is it a skilled worker  and where to submit my application..

Thanks stephy

If you cant married yet because of the limited time, you can apply for fiance permit.

Application is still in udi portal like when you applied for tourist but this time you of course select the application for fiance visa and select the area where you will be submitting it.

Usually you will follow the checklist on udi page and include your proof of education.

Take note that to secure a schedule you have to pay at the portal. That is why you need to ask your politi of you are allowed to change visa here. Because it is not automatic that when you have schedule at the portal it means you are allowed. So make sure you are allowed so you don't waste money and get disappointed.

Ok stephy thanks . Yes we ask in the politi on Tuesday