FAQ: From tourist visa to fiance per/spouse res permit while in Norway

They usually require it coz if you dont have it they will make you pay. But maybe you can show them a printed copy of your visa approval so you can tell them that you are a legal resident waiting for your nummer.

hi Stacy where can I find my DUF number?

When you handed in your application they were supposed to email you letting you know that they have received your application. That email will have your DUF number on it! :)

I thought the school is free but the secretary in school give a price. Do I pay to school like us who married a Norwegian?

Like what i said earlier they will need you're fødselnummer because it will show in their system that you are elligible for the free course.

So if you dont have it yet they might not let you enroll for free.

Ah ok thank you Steph now I understand. Thanks a lot for always there to reply my query God bless you and your family.

I already have fodselnumber but still I'm not listed in their system they are asking for my DUF number . My DUF number here is the application of fiancée visa.  I arrived here in Norway June then we got married July then we bring the marriage contract to the politi that is the first time I go to politi since I arrived in Norway.  Then after one week I received my residence permit and it will expire January 2017. Do I need to renew it now to have DUF number or I can use this DUF number from the fiancé visa application?

That is a bit odd to have the number but not to be in the system, and i haven't experienced being asked about my DUF.

Usually after you get your residence card you will go to skatteetaten to register yourself as an official resident here in norway. And after 5 days to some weeks they will send you a letter with your personnummer. And that is the only number that banks, schools or hospitals ask for.

yes that's what I did in fact I already have bank account. Only there in voksen oplaering still I'm not in their system.

Maybe try bringing the letter you received from skatteetaten . If not, the best way is to ask them how long do you have to wait or call skatteetaten also and ask them why EVO doesn't find you in the system when you were enrolling for the class.

Hello everyone,
I need some directives on applying for the D-visa. I submitted my application to UDI and updated when we got married last month on the site. Now I wish to apply for the D-visa and I was told by the Danish Embassy which handles visas on behalf of The Norwegian embassy here that I need to get an approval to issue the D visa from UDI in Norway before they can issue it here in Malaysia.
My question is - how should my husband go about getting the approval letter from UDI?
thanks for your anticipated help.

I think the approval means ur application is approved.so u wait for udi's answer.thts what i think normally ppl do

Hi Nadkiz007. Thanks for your reply. But maybe my question was not well understood. I applied for fiancé permit in January 2016, while waiting for the application, we got married this July in Malaysia. But I need to apply for D visa while we are still waiting for the outcome of the permit (which we have updated to spouse with the submission of our marriage certificate). Danish embassy in Malaysia which handles visa for Norway has requested that I get an approval for them to issue me a D visa from UDI. Approval for D visa must come from UDI. My question is how do I go about applying for the D visa from UDI?
thanks.

In udi they have given some criteria for applying dvisa b4 the answer.u hve ti go thru their website in the section waiting for answer or applied.u can send a query via email to udi and they may give an answer

I would call UDI and ask them. Either the Danish Embassy isn't aware of the way it works or the rules are different because the Danish embassy is representing Norway.

Thank you Nadkiz007 and TMilimo. My husband will give UDI a call so we will know how to tackle it. Thanks for your support as always.

I cannot change my name via  electronic maybe because it is not my bank i.d it is my husband.:(. I do not have idea about what should I do to use my husband last name. Can I do it in skatvest? Please help.. Do I need bank number?

When i changed mine i used MinID (where you use your personnummer) not bank id. As for the instructions i don't remember how i did it exactly but you can read about MinID here MinID,  i suggest just keep reading and checking the options there in the website.

Thankyou Steph, My husband did it in mini id but not work..but I'm trying again..Thank you Steph..God bless!

Have you requested for pin codes (Order pin code) ? It will arrive in your mailbox and that is how you will log in for the first time.

And when you have that just follow the Instructions

Yes Steph thanks I did.. and I am waiting for the pin code to deliver in mailbox. Thank you always Stephy God bless you always and your family.

Once it arrives you will have no problem logging in and changing your name.

Thank you Stephy so much for everything you help me a lot here God bless you and your family.

i really need help.
can i get a personal number using fiance visa?or i have this situation, when i come to norway using fiance visa then get married after a month,can i have this number even i havent apply for the renewal?i need to know the fastest way to get this personal number.
thank you so much for the reply.

Michcabs2013 you cannot. You must be married first.

after we get married, do i have to renew my fiance visa first before i get my personal number?

In order to get a Personnummer you have to have a residence permit for Norway. A fiancé permit is not good enough because that is only valid for 6 months. You can get a D - number if you have a fiancé permit but you have to have a permit valid for at least a year in order to get a Personnummer

You cannot renew a fiancé permit. It is valid for only 6 months and after 6 months you have to be married and you have to apply for a spouse permit. If you do not do this before 6 months then you have to leave Norway.

Hello Stephy
I just want to ask for advice im pregnant now one month, and my norwegian bf just went home to norway.. Ive been in norway twice as a tourist visa
But now do you think they will approved my tourist visa again because we are planning to me to get a visit visa again this end of november and then when i get there i will apply for fiancee and then get married just the same as your process. But in my case im preganant is will have a problem with that.. and because we really want to get birth there in norway.

Any advice .. Thank you in advance .

stephy25 wrote:

While i was here on a tourist visa i applied for fiance visa. But it has taken 5 months still no result and someone advised us why not get married if UDI allows it, so that it will be just a one time waiting. So we got a permission from UDI to get married even if i have no visa coz the tourist visa expired already. Then got married and sent the marriage contract to UDI and called them to shift the application from fiance to family reuni under spouse. Then it got approved on the 11th month.

This was also done by another pinay here which was in the same situation as yours. She appliad for fiance visa while in the Philippines but they decided to get married and changed the application. And it worked the same.

Hello Stephy
I just want to ask for advice im pregnant now one month, and my norwegian bf just went home to norway.. Ive been in norway twice as a tourist visa
But now do you think they will approved my tourist visa again because we are planning to me to get a visit visa again this end of november and then when i get there i will apply for fiancee and then get married just the same as your process. But in my case im pregnant do you think we will have a complicated situation with that..  because we really want me to get birth there in norway.

Any advice ..
Did someone same as my situation.. please share your experience.
Thank you in advance . :)

I hope it is ok if i reply later :) i am at work currently. But i will reply as soon as i can.

I don't see any problem why they will not give you a tourist visa. As along as you follow the 90 days within 180 days rule.

All i can say is that when switching from tourist visa to other visas while inside Norway, you must remember the criteria(for me i was allowed because i am a skilled worker) Not everyone are allowed to do this, so i suggest check it in the customizable UDI website(want to apply). Also when you are here in Norway ask your bf or you can call the politi in your area here in Norway to ask if they will allow you.

There are some here who has d the same situation as you and some of them got approved, while some was sent home and was asked to apply from there. Some are allowed to apply here but were sent home to wait for the result there. No one can guarantee whether you will be allowed or not.

Thank you for the reply stephy, it really helps a lot.
I really hope my pregancy will not an issue because im just wondered maybe they will ask incase im 8 months pregnant that time with that 90 days rules maybe they will think icant travel that time going home. And then they will thought that i really planning to get pregnant there hehe.

Can i ask also stephy what is the criteria ro be called a skilled worker there?

Thank you so much .. :) hehe and im happy to join this expat.com so it will light up my mind because of diffrent experiences .  :):)

Regarding your pregnancy affecting your application, it will always depend on udi/whoever will make the decision. There is someone who did what you are planning, she travelled to Norway when she was around 7 months and changed her visa from tourist to family reunification/spouse visa.

Regarding the criteria you can read it here:
https://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/skilled-worker/

Oh really same as my plan but is she got approved for that new visa while staying there? im just really worried about my new situation now, coz its really unexpected pregnancy.

Thank you so much stephy you really helps ALOT ..

She even brought her daughter(from previous relationship) with her. They bothe received approval and has been living here in Norway for more than a year now after coming here as tourists.

thank you so much for the infos. just to share my story,i am currently 23 weeks pregnant and im waiting for my fiance.really hope to get it as soon as possible while im still allowed to fly..

Hi to those who renewed their passport in Philippine Embassy in Oslo, after your new passport was released did u send the old passport before they send u the new one? Or did u have to wait for the new passport to arrive first before sending the old one? I'm a bit confused. I hope someone can answer this. thank you so much.

When you see your name on the list of passport release on the embassy website, that is when you should sen the old one to them.

When they receive your old passport they will punch holes on it and send it back to you together with the new one.

Ahh, I see. Did they contact you when they receive the old passport? Or you just waited until they send the new one? Thank you so much stephy. You're very helpful. :)