Close

mobile phones

I would to go on a contract while living in Turkey would the Turkcell do this for me ?? your answer would be  very much appreciated

For a mobile phone  ??

Yes Pam,

Turkcell can offer you both contract and pay-as-you-go offers.

Alternatively, you can also check Vodafone and Avea.

Good luck
Z

thanks i have phone but keeps going on /off all the time? in other words it does not work what do you advise me to do ?

Pam!! In my expert opinion, you should take it to the nearest mobile phone shop to get it checked immediately in order to prevent it from causing any further grievances in the coming future once and for all!! :D

On a serious note, if you have brought your cell phone from abroad, you might need to have it registered in Turkey.

An alternate is to buy a phone from Turkey.

Hopefully, this should be helpful for you in future in case you stop receiving any service on your phone.

Z

Thanks i was going tomorrow anyway, thank you again Pam..:)

i had a phone went into a shop man part exchanged it for this one ok until today ..i hope i can get another mobile there has always been something wrong with  this one Pam..:)

You're welcome. I do hope you exchanged for a brand new phone and not a second hand one. Used phones almost always  are problem prone. : )

Good luck
Z

yes it was second hand too and mine was a brand new from the uk just wanted a sim put init and he saud there was something wrong so i believed him but i a in a different district now or i would take it back to him i feel as though i have been done ..not a good feeling ..Pam..:)

Errr.. Pam...

People get ripped off here EVERY day... I doubt you will get your cell phone back.

I would highly insist that you go with someone local tomorrow.

Z

Yes i am tomorrow thanks ..Pam..:)

No problem. Good luck!

Hi there,

I made similar experiences. I guess it is the best to buy a local phone if you intend to stay for longer. Otherwise, you can register a phone from the UK or elswhere but it is expensive and might not be worth it.  :)

Best of luck with it!

yes i am going to get a postpaid one tomorrow as intending to stay here for the  future  thank you ..Pam...:)

Hello guys I need help about my phone is cant ues my phone 📱 for Internet with trukcell simcard coz I hv use more then 2 months her .they say that I cant use it any more I should buy new one from Turkey here or makr rut to my mobile 📱 thx

hey my dear you have to pay tax for government of turkey then your simcard will be on after two days. if your phone is like iphone or galaxy model then you have to pay tax at least 200$

Ah thank u for reply me 200$ is to much where I can get tax and if I buy new phone 📱 is better thx

please come to message

Hello,

What is the name of the place where they register the phones? When you go to Vodafone or Turkcell, they don't give this information.

Thanks😊

Questions and answers about telecommunications

Ask your question
thanhgiang2303
Internet provider in Istanbul
By thanhgiang2303
Salma93
Calling outside of turkey?
By Salma93
ozankemal
Cell phone operators of Turkey
By ozankemal
sana3khan
Old iphone exchange with new one in istanbul
By sana3khan
Oziturky
Cheap 4g modem?
By Oziturky
Dounia92
Turkish language
By Dounia92

Expatriate health insurance in Istanbul

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Istanbul

Moving to Istanbul

Find tips from professionals about moving to Istanbul

Travel insurance in Istanbul

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Istanbul

Flights to Istanbul

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Istanbul