Company Secretary from India. Want to work in Singapore

Hello Everyone !

I am an Indian. I qualified from Company Secretaryship from Institute of Company Secretaries of India and working as a "Company Secretary" in India (Post Qualification Experience = 2 Years, Overall Experience = 7+ years). I want to get settled in Singapore.

What are the chances to get a suitable job in Singapore. What Salary should i expect and how can i get a reasonable fair job.

Regards
Vikks

Vikks wrote:

Hello Everyone !

I am an Indian. I qualified from Company Secretaryship from Institute of Company Secretaries of India and working as a "Company Secretary" in India (Post Qualification Experience = 2 Years, Overall Experience = 7+ years). I want to get settled in Singapore.

What are the chances to get a suitable job in Singapore. What Salary should i expect and how can i get a reasonable fair job.

Regards
Vikks

There are not many career opportunities for such position in Singapore.

Do you have any relevant local experience and are well-versed in Singapore Companies Act (Chapter 50), The Singapore Income Tax Act (Cap. 134), Singapore Company Secretarial Practice and Singapore FRS.

If the answer is no, your chances of crossing the first hurdle, i.e. getting your resume selected for consideration by any employers is nil. The second hurdle of getting a S Pass/EP is a non issue.

There are many qualified local graduates from The Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (SAICSA) with relevant qualifications and experience ready to fill any available vacancy.

Thanks FJY.

As i mentioned, i have my working experience in India only.

What if i pursue SAICSA ? Would my experience get counted ? Would i be able to land on a good job in Singapore ?

Vikks wrote:

Thanks FJY.

As i mentioned, i have my working experience in India only.

What if i pursue SAICSA ? Would my experience get counted ? Would i be able to land on a good job in Singapore ?

You have to be suitably employed in a local company secretarial position before qualifying as a Chartered Secretary (Singapore).

Would you be able to land a good job in Singapore? Well, the crux of the problem remains unless you are able to find an employer who is willing to give you that opportunity to work in Singapore.

If you are coming here to try your luck on a SVP, you have to "fasten your seat belt", because it's going to be a rough ride.