Safe to travel on our own in Amman

My name is Nagaraju.K. I am an Indian ( from Andhrapradesh) currently living in Kuwait. I am planning to visit Jordan for small tour/ vacation along with my spouse.

I would like to know if it is possible for us to visit on our own, stay in a hotel and to see all interesting places in Jordan.

Can you please guide me if it is safe to tour on our own or not.
Please send me a mail with as much details as possible. This may be helpful to us during our proposed tour.

Thanks and regards,

Nagaraju.K

Welcome to Expat-blog, nagaraju04 :)

Your discussion has been reintroduced as a new thread.

Regards,
Sheetul

Of course it is save to come & Visit and do whatever u like,but it might coast more money than if you come with group.
If you come with group or tourist company you would save money + they will take u to the right place.you don't have to stay with the group ,u have your own free time..
Save money and come with tourist group,or make it more adventurer and come alone..

It is safe to do this...but I recommend you go through a good travel agency and I have one in mind and I actually used to work there and their marketing manager, but because of a difficult living situation I had to come back here to Colorado in the U.S.

You can book all your hotels and I would recommend maybe a nice three star in Amman like Larsa Hotel at the 8th Circle. You can use the yellow taxi cabs you just have to make sure they use their meters but do give them a 5o cent tip --they work very hard and usually they will take you straight to where you want to go. You shouldn't have to pay more than 5 JDs going from one far end  of Amman to the other  ECT --8th Circle to Marka Airport--- ONE WAY . Okay so keep this in mind.
Always come back to the hotel early as Taxi meters are higher and very over priced after 10 PM and some do not even turn on the meter they just say , okay 5 JDs to 8th circle from Mecca Mall...ect..) So be careful of this.

But I think you can get buy easily without a tourism company if you are looking for just going to Amman.

But I recommend you go to the Dead Sea as is a place of natural healing, And the yellow taxi cab should not charge you more than 20 JDs to go to the Dead Sea.

Jordan is safe...just don't be out very late at night after midnight, and just be aware of all your surroundings, and make sure are smart about where you safe keep your money.
Don't be afraid to tip people, because Jordanians are generous people and will help those who show generosity even if it is a little bit.

YOU would save money if you booked through like a Tourism Company, but if you are planning on driving yourselves around, then don't even waste the Tourism Compay's time. But if you want to go to Petra, and go to the Dead Sea and Jerash, then go through a good company and I have one very trusted company( out of Amman)  in mind for you who works with major company's like Johnson & Johnson and the U.S Embassy..

If you are going to make the trip up here you might as well set aside some money and atleast go to Petra ---the World Wonder...nobody comes to Jordan without seeing Petra.

Also you have to keep in mind that if you are vegetarians you have to make that clear. And there is only really one or two Indian Food restaurants in Amman..so try to come to Jordan with an open mind to new tastes and a new cuisine....you'll really enjoy them!

Thanks a million for all the information.

regards,

Nagaraju.K

hi,

its safe to come to jordan alone and make a tour , i can help you in that if you want .