Tungurahua Rentals

Hello!!!
My husband and I were in Baños for 4 days a few days ago and totally fell in love with the town and surrounding areas. We did canopy, biking and canyoning. We loved the honest nice people of Baños, as well as the good food and beautiful natural environment. We are 2 software telecommuters. 34 y/o. 2 dogs no kids. I am finding it difficult to find furnished rentals with high speed Internet -pet friendly:)-  in the Tungurahua área. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!!!

Encountering slower-than-desired Internet is hardly the biggest problem with Baños rentals these days.

The town sits at the foot of the active Tungurahua volcano, which produced five explosions in late August and sent volcanic ash to several communities.

Baños is the last place I'd rent right about now ... with the obvious exception of the Cotopaxi volcano area.

Here is the link to the thread titled, "2nd EC Volcano Has Five Explosions...."

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=515619

The Tungurahua volcano is 87 miles (140 km) southwest of Quito.

cccmedia in Quito

I live in Baños and may be able to help with some contacts for house rentals. Most are Ecuadorian style homes. They are about 150 or so expats living here. Mainly, you just have to ask around. Sometimes things are posted in the windows of restaurants. I stayed in a hostal for a week and found a lovely home just 2km from town.

Hello Subela,
It was nice to read your post about Banos! We are interested in visiting in December, and heard about the 5 volcanic eruptions. Did they affect Banos? Is there a hotel in town that you would recommend for staying a few days? Please write ASAP, as we are trying to book hotels right away, before they're all full at Christmas time!
Thank You SO Much in Advance!
TimBut713

We stayed at Napolitano and really liked it. Ikt's in hotels.com, expedia and booking.com
Good luck!

Currently, I am out of town. Posada del Arte and La Floresta are good hotels downtown, a step up from hostels. Ahh, the volcano, it's has been mildly active the 15 months I have lived here but haven't noticed any ash around my home. It tends to blow south away from town. I also rent rooms on Airbnb for those that want a more tranquil experience away from the downtown noise. I will be there until January. PM if you would like more details.

Hello Subela,
How close to town do you live? I notice that some of the hotels have beautiful views, nice spas, etc., but are very pricey and over 3 miles from town. We need to be able to get around by bus or taxi, as we have been told not to rent a car to be safe.
Is there a bus that goes to your home? Does it have a double or queen bed for 2 adults, and a private bath? What do you charge? Is breakfast included? Do you have internet {WiFi}? TV in the bedroom?
Do you have pictures?
I'm booking really soon. Thank you for the hotel referrals! I appreciate your efforts!
Sincerely,
Tim Butler

You can find me on Airbnb under Tranquility in Banos. I have two private suites and am 1.5 miles from town, 30 minute walk and buses nearby. Taxi is $1.50. Breakfast included, wifi, no TV.

@ Subela > It would be best if, as from now, you can post all your housing offers in the Housing in Ecuador section, as the forum is not the appropriate place.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers: