Funny Vietnamese

Why do every Vietnamese wear a kinda surgical mask /nose cover when on bikes or even walking on the streets? I even laugh when I see some wearing it while in their cars or taxis.

Well, it's cazily polluted, especially in Sai Gon. Health first. If you live here for a while, it 's okay. But for a long time, I strongly recommend you find one.

Hmmm I see, you're right vietnam is dirty and heavily polluted. Thank you

That's not fun but  a precaution  :)
Better to be safe than sorry!

But in a car there is no need, also the damn big hats the women wear in cars is outright dangerous.

No there's no need and which is why I laugh.... Oh, I also saw a man wear his bike helmet on the plane to Hanoi yesterday. 😭

Have u ever heard this? " everything happend has its reason". Thats why you should think why they do that before you think they are crazy and u laught at them. Let me tell you.
The first, Vietnamese dont like to be brown or black skin.
The 2nd, the air very dirty and the sun here is stronger so they need to protect their health , their skin by mask.
About the woman in the car, do you know that someone have problem with the smell in the car, they will get sick or even vomit, thats why they have to wear mask.
  Do you know that Vietnamese dont understand why the sun so strong but the foreigner like you still walking under the sun without hat or mask....?or having sunbath under the sun even at noon, dont care about cancer skin....etc. Now we know that becos you like brown skin, its mean you r not only working in the office , you have money and time to travel to chill on the beach..... Right??? So everything have its reason. If you dont know something, you should ask to know before you say that they crazy or you laugh at them like that.

Vietnamese don't like to be brown or black skin.... Dark skinned Vietnamese are more attractive than the overly white ones who almost look transparent.  I rest my case.

The standar of beauty is difference. And the human dont like what they hv. They love what they dont hv. Understand what im meaning?

You're dead right. I do comprehend

christean wrote:

Vietnamese don't like to be brown or black skin.... Dark skinned Vietnamese are more attractive than the overly white ones who almost look transparent.  I rest my case.

You claim Vietnamese don't like dark skin, the you go on to say how you don't like white skin.
Perhaps you can see a little something wrong here, or at least ironic in a pretty crappy way.

christean wrote:

Why do every Vietnamese wear a kinda surgical mask /nose cover when on bikes or even walking on the streets? I even laugh when I see some wearing it while in their cars or taxis.

Perhaps I could make my point on this post, starting with a picture.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/04/article-0-07C1978E000005DC-314_634x429.jpg

Now image a Vietnamese dude talking about how they have to laugh when they go to South Africa.
The error here is lack of understanding on the OP's part, not the Vietnamese doing something silly.

Btw is there anybody want to join Sai gon reggae  festival at this weekend at district 4???? There will be fun and interesting with music, performance, vendor food of many countries....let come and join us. From 6pm to 6am 26september.

Oh Fred I didn't say that... I just repeated what someone said before I made my statement but my mistake that I didn't Parenthesize it. Besides that pic is really funny but uncalled for... You're disoriented and overly opinionated. Thanks

I'll be there. Hope to see you my friend trang

christean wrote:

Oh Fred I didn't say that... I just repeated what someone said before I made my statement but my mistake that I didn't Parenthesize it. Besides that pic is really funny but uncalled for... You're disoriented and overly opinionated. Thanks

Why is the pic funny?
It shows a very interesting snapshot of South African culture.

Good thing you said "CULTURE" , wearing a bike helmet on a plane is nothing cultural and neither is wearing a large hat or surgical mask in a car. I've seen a lot of cultural activities of the Vietnamese which I love and find amazing but I basically spoke about the abnormalities which shouldn't be... Now these are funny. Have a nice evening Fred, my friend.

wearing a large hat or surgical mask in a car

Two things come to mind:
Why would it be a problem if someone you don't know, and will probably never enter your life wears a hat and mask in a car?
You have no clue about the reasons they do it, or you wouldn't find it funny.

It's done in many countries, but I don't ever recall feeling the need to laugh at anyone for doing it, just the need to understand why they do it.

Oh Fred I didn't say that... I just repeated what someone said

Great excuse - not.
Silly ideas about skin colour cause many pointless problems in this world that we can all do without, but some insist on repeating them.

Hello everyone,

@christean,

christean wrote:

You already got your answer on this subject and There has been quite some off-topic posts already.

So i am closing this thread.

Best of luck
Bhavna

[Thread Closed]

Closed