40K salary in INDIA or 275 OMR salary in OMAN for an engg 3+ yrs exp.

HI Everyone,
I got an offer from a light fittings Manufacturing Company in Muscat.
the offer is As under :
1) 275 OMR salary (RS: 45000/- @ 1 OMR = 166 INR)
2) Transport And accommodation given by the company.
3) Food allowance -- I have to spend for food
4) 60 days leave in 2 years
5)No bonus
6) 1 day weekly off. FRIDAY
7)gratuity
8)Job Profile : Product development Engineer

I did not get offer letter from the company till now.
All discussions done have been verbal
I went to muscat 3 months back
They said that visa has been applied
But they did not ask for any of my certificates.
They only have my pass port photocopy.
I called them a few days back they said that it would take more 5-6 months for the visa as they have to make some amendments in the company partnership agreements.

In INDIA I work on the same post with a 40K salary in a start up company. I am their first employee(NO pf , no gratuity but I have all the documentation , payslips, offer letter, appointment letter etc)
MY QUESTION :
Should I stick to the current company in India or take a chance by joining the company in muscat.
I understand that it is a rock bottom salary which I will be getting in muscat
but , is this opportunity worth it if we see the future prospect of jobs and opportunities in muscat ?.

Hi milind786092,

As you have rightly mentioned, you package is indeed at the very bottom rung, or even lower. For comparison, the minimum wages for locals is substantially higher than yours. What this means is that an Omani driver would be earning more than you.

Secondly, even if you were to take up this offer, your salary will not increase anything beyond marginally (3% - 5% annually), and so in the long run you would lose heavily.

Also, do not do a direct conversion of Omani Rial against the Indian Rupee. It does not work that way, since the economic dynamics vastly vary between these two countries.

If you do accept this offer you would not only be sacrificing on your earnings, but more importantly you will put your career in jeopardy.

Sumitran Sir ,
:thanks::thanks:
Thank you, very much for the prompt reply.
Your advice has helped me a lot in taking decisions.
I am extremely grateful to you.

Thank You Expat- blog for creating such a wonderful site,which is a boon for would be expats :one:thanks:

Hello.
I am 34 years old BE MBA having 12 years of post MBA exp.
I am employed in India with package of 2.25 Lac monthly ctc and rexently I have a offer from oman for divisional manager for 1800 rial all inclusive plus annual ticket insurance with family status.Does this salary is enough if I compare my Indian salary. Also I would like to understand my future aspect career wise.
please reply

Hello

As far as you are concerned your salary in low but if you are having growth opportunity it is ok.

I am too having 13 years of experience and also getting only 500 OMR. It is ok if company offers accommodation and food allowance and also transportation.

Regards,

Vinod