Canadian citizen assaulted in Taipei

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to inquire if a Canadian citizen was assaulted recently at a club/bar in Taipei by 2 to 3 local men.  A source has confirmed such an incident occurred and the victim was unable to find these criminals although filed a report.  I (American) am a victim myself too, and I hope to bring these unlawful people to justice.

If such an incident took place and the injured individual is willing to come forward to identify the attackers, I can provide pictures, names, and telephone numbers of possible matches.

These felons are tempering with the justice system and their actions should not be tolerated.  Timely prosecution of these people could prevent additional harm to other innocent foreigners in the future.   

Please email me at [email protected] at your earliest convenience if the Canadian victim can be located. 
Thank you.

After digging more into the incident, I've identified the location and time when the Canadian citizen was assaulted.  It took place at Tavern Sports Bar (at the cross section between Shinyi Rd. and Keelung Rd.) on a Tuesday night November 2009.  If anyone has any information to provide, please help.  Thanks!

Hi Calawoody,

I'm sorry to hear about all the problems.

I'm a british citizen travelling over to Taiwan in the next while, so you have raised some concerns.

Do you live in Taipei?

Best,
Simon

Hi Calawoody,

I was born in Taipei but have spent more time in overseas. Anyway how are you doing? I hope you are alright. I must say that attack of foreigners in Taiwan is very rare, but it does happen from time to time.

Take care,

David