Stay in Belize for about 3 Months

someone tell me about a VISA do they stamp my passport at the Airport or what?       

David1946

Yes, they will stamp your passport at the airport.  You can stay in Belize for 30 days.  If you intend to stay longer, you need to go to a Belize Tourism Board office and pay a fee to stay another 30 days.  You can do this indefinitely in Belize until you decide if you are going to be a Permanent Resident or go on the QRP plan.

Hope that helps.

Hey thank you very much that is what i was trying to find out i thought i could stay 3 months without doing anymore but i think that was Mexico. Once again thanks very much.   

David1946

Your welcome!

That is correct, and you can have the passport stamped at Belmopan at the immigration office.

You don't have to go to Belmopan to get it stamped though if there's an immigration/BTB (Belize Tourism Board) office in the village/town you're staying in.  We have one on San Pedro - just fyi!

Hey thanks again someone recommended San Ignacio so im probably going to start there if i dont like it move on to somewhere else

In that case, then like Lee said, Belmopan would be your best bet for getting it stamped. Cayo is fabulous too - the rivers there are gorgeous.  I like the little village of Bullet Tree, just two miles outside of San Ignacio.  On the river, nice people, bit quieter than the hustle and bustle of SI, but still close enough to town.  Have fun!

Wealthships wrote:

You don't have to go to Belmopan to get it stamped though if there's an immigration/BTB (Belize Tourism Board) office in the village/town you're staying in.  We have one on San Pedro - just fyi!

This is great news! :D Is the BTB in San Pedro at the library?

Thank you - we're moving to SP and still have a lot of learning/research to do.

The BTB in San Pedro is above the library, yes.  Quite convenient. So exciting you're moving here.  Look forward to getting to know you better.  Sharon

That's great to know, Sharon, thanks!

We're going to try to go for our permanent residency, but we'll have to pay for the tourist stamp for the first year, so it is nice to know that it will be so convenient.

We can't wait to get there!  I am sure I'll have more questions for you.  This is a very helpful forum.

Emily