Travelling around with a driver

Hi I hope someone here can advise me please.

I am coming to Marrakech on 30th october for 3 wks - my 5th visit. I would like to see more of the countryside while I am there and am thinking of hiring a private driver to do this. My concern is - what would be the cost per day for this person, I would want to stay overnite in some places and obviously I will pay the drivers expenses - food accomodation etc. but will it be a problem booking into a riad somewhere with a driver in tow - dont go there ! 2 rooms obviously. I have chosen this option as I dont speak the language and am unfamiliar with the road signs etc and I want the advantage of stopping and going where I want to.

Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks Peta

Hi Peta,
There are many agencies that can help you hire a professional "touristic" English-speaking driver. They will quote you a daily rate and your driver will take care of his own lodging and breakfast & dinner. If you care to pay for his lunch, that's nice but not essential. Tipping at the end of your tour is encouraged. Let me know if you need more info including agencies.
Freya

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please recommend services in the Business directory and avoid contact infos on forum

Hi!

I have just started a new business of driver and car for hire, out of Marrakech.  We do exactly the type of thing you are planning, and our rates are very reasonable.  Please send me a private message so I can give you rates and other information based on the routes and times you want to travel.  We'd be happy to create a custom itinerary for you!

Thanks,

Jen