Buy Home in Viet Nam - Red/Pink Book

dear all
i need to know some information regarding how buy home in Viet Nam.
I know that i need to see red/pink book for to be sure that who sell is the property of home

Is it possible that in one red book there is one name of person (front) and behind there is another name of person?

They said to me that they are 2 sister, ok... but it is possible have 2 name (front and behind) on red book?

Please let me know also the rules for buy home here in VN (office, step by step...)

thanks in advance
regards
Fabio

About red book, my ex and I own a house, our name in the red book. But after getting divorced, my ex owns that house, but my name still on that red book, even I don't own it any more!
We need to pay some money when we want to have new one for the same house, and now we think its not necessary to lose money, so still keep the old one.

I don't know much about the rules to buy house, even I bought house/land 2 times already :D. But, need to very be careful when you buy land/house here; need to have Vietnamese friends to check if it belongs to any government's projects, because it will be hard for you to build new house or sell that land/house if it belongs to any projects!

ngattt wrote:

About red book, my ex and I own a house, our name in the red book. But after getting divorced, my ex owns that house, but my name still on that red book, even I don't own it any more!
We need to pay some money when we want to have new one for the same house, and now we think its not necessary to lose money, so still keep the old one.

I don't know much about the rules to buy house, even I bought house/land 2 times already :D. But, need to very be careful when you buy land/house here; need to have Vietnamese friends to check if it belongs to any government's projects, because it will be hard for you to build new house or sell that land/house if it belongs to any projects!

thanks for your prompt answer.
my problem is that in this pink book i can see 1 name on first page (sister) and on last page there is other name (second sister).
In your case, i think that your name and name of your ex are on first page together

In my case, i ask if is it possible to have 1 name on first page and other name on last page

because i don't want any surprise ;-)

Ah, I meant everything can happen in Vietnam.
And yes, it can be like that. I hear my ex said, now if he wants to get another pink book, they add his name at the end of the old one, not the new one. So he didn't change to the new one. I don't know the reason why he didnt change the name, but he said that to me.

I hope someone who is lawyer will reply you here. I don't know much about documents, because I didnt have to do anything involved to documents before :D

It sounds like the red/pink book is similar to a house title in the States. I wonder if there's a profession that's dedicated to making sure the information in the red/pink book is accurate & without anyone else, such as the government, having a right to the home & property.

If there aren't any title companies in Vietnam, it seems the safest thing to do would be to see a recommended attorney/lawyer who specializes in making sure the information in the red/pink book is complete & accurate.

Bring a Vietnamese friend, as previously recommended, to help you with your meeting with the attorney/lawyer.

Best wishes to you in your pursuit to buy a home in Vietnam!

Sorry, I never see a red/pink book in real other than scanned copy  :)

thanks for answer

Hi Chiavetta and welcome.

I hope you realise as a foreigner wishing to buy property here in your name solely , it's really only a lease deal.   

Your legal status and tenure will be that of a Lessee only.    On completion of the lease term, up to 50 years, the property has to be handed back to the original seller/lessor or his estate beneficiaries.

There is provision to renew the Lease for another 50 yrs .but all that means is you buy the place again.   WHOS GOING TO BE AROUND IN 50 YEARS.

Even Lawyers I've spoken to haven't got a clear explanation .   End game, your can't "own" property here.   Even the VN only have a LUR (land use right).     Just be careful and do your homework.

The word "own" gets bandied around a lot here . The concept of owning something here in Vietnam is a lot different to what ownership means in a lot of other countries.

There's another thread here in the Accommodation section that has comments on this.

Yogi007 wrote:

I hope you realise as a foreigner wishing to buy property here in your name solely , it's really only a lease deal.   

Your legal status and tenure will be that of a Lessee only.    On completion of the lease term, up to 50 years, the property has to be handed back to the original seller/lessor or his estate beneficiaries.

There is provision to renew the Lease for another 50 yrs .but all that means is you buy the place again.   WHOS GOING TO BE AROUND IN 50 YEARS.

Even Lawyers I've spoken to haven't got a clear explanation .   End game, your can't "own" property here.   Even the VN only have a LUR (land use right).     Just be careful and do your homework.

The word "own" gets bandied around a lot here . The concept of owning something here in Vietnam is a lot different to what ownership means in a lot of other countries.

There's another thread here in the Accommodation section that has comments on this.

many thanks for your answer

i try to clarify my problem

i don't buy land/sand but home (not appartment)
i don't buy with my name but with name of my girlfriend (vietnamese)... (in any case i will not to be owner ;-) )

i have asked IF is it possible to read on a pink book 2 different name (not near and together) 1 name on first page and 1 name on last page

thanks in advance

Ok,  now Yogi understands.

Your buying your girlfriend a house.   Don't worry mate, she will get it sorted out .

Local knowledge works wonders.

chiavetta wrote:
Yogi007 wrote:

many thanks for your answer

i try to clarify my problem

i don't buy land/sand but home (not appartment)
i don't buy with my name but with name of my girlfriend (vietnamese)... (in any case i will not to be owner ;-) )

i have asked IF is it possible to read on a pink book 2 different name (not near and together) 1 name on first page and 1 name on last page

thanks in advance

OP to answer your question here's a reply from a very reliable source:

"The name at the back is the current owner. When the land changes hands, you can do it two different ways:

1. Get a new book with the new owner on the front page

2. Just update the existing book by writing the new owner's name at the back (cheaper option, but still legit)."

I might add I don't think your surprised.

many thanks for all info