Tallinja card 10 Euro top up - 10 euro free!

Until the end of October (or until the money runs out), if you top up your card by 10 euros or more you will receive 10 euros free, details on website and in press.

Ray

It's only one top up per person

I just topped mine up with 10 euro and the balance is only showing that I topped up 10 euro, so the "free" 10 euro hasn't been added to the balance!

Did you read the rules?

"To benefit from this offer, Tallinja card holders must top up with €10 or more between 18 September and 31 October 2015 and travel by bus at least once during the same period. The €10 bonus credit will be added to the Tallinja card automatically."

The benefit is just added in your balance after the first travel of your €10 top up.

Cheers

Ahh - I went straight to the top-up site, not through the "front page" and there is nothing on there about rules!

I will find out tomorrow when I get on a bus again.

Thanks

Welcome Grizabella!

:top:

Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of shops where I can top up my Tallinja card please? I don't go to Valletta and remember seeing a sign on a shop that they top them up so was hoping there are numerous places I can top up. I know I can do it online but I have cash...

Adeleuk wrote:

Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of shops where I can top up my Tallinja card please? I don't go to Valletta and remember seeing a sign on a shop that they top them up so was hoping there are numerous places I can top up. I know I can do it online but I have cash...

How can I top up the tallinja card?
This can be done using the following options:

- By visiting www.tallinja.com and paying by Credit/Debit Card;
    - By buying a top-up voucher from various outlets and topping up using your phone;
    - By visiting any MaltaPost Post Office and topping up in cash;
    - By visiting any of our outlets and topping up in cash;
    - By calling on 2122 2000 to top up by Credit/Debit Card.

I am not sure,but top vouchers were going to be available from Agenda book shops

Is it possible that I can't order Tallija bus card through Internet anymore? I heard they don't issue them any more..... :mad::mad::mad:

You should be able too

The website still allows you to but not if you have lost your old one or if you have already applied before.

Terry

It's my first time applying... I'm hoping it will arrive asap :/

Does anyone know how much the shipping costs for the Tallinea card would be to Austria? If I remember correctly, if you apply before the end of the year, you'll get the card for free - but as the website says, "shipping costs may apply". I could't find any indication of how much these costs would be, though... Since I won't be in Malta before next year, I'm thinking of getting the card (for me, my wife and our son) now and having them shipped to Austria, but this depends on the shipping costs, of course...

bernie_iris_fabian_david wrote:

Does anyone know how much the shipping costs for the Tallinea card would be to Austria? If I remember correctly, if you apply before the end of the year, you'll get the card for free - but as the website says, "shipping costs may apply". I could't find any indication of how much these costs would be, though... Since I won't be in Malta before next year, I'm thinking of getting the card (for me, my wife and our son) now and having them shipped to Austria, but this depends on the shipping costs, of course...

The cards posted to us in the local area are just sent normal letter post which I would assume will be the case to Austria.
I believe when we post to the UK or Germany that it is around 67c so I would not think it would be any different for them to post to you.

Ray

Thanks, Ray

I looked to have my mothers sent to her in the UK, but they wanted 6 euro postage.

I had it posted to me instead for free.

paulolly wrote:

I looked to have my mothers sent to her in the UK, but they wanted 6 euro postage.

I had it posted to me instead for free.

Don't blame you if that's what there charging!
Think I might have to set up an accommodation address!

Ray

Just found an article on the Malta Independent website confirming the 6 euro charge

"MPT confirms €6 postal charge for personalised tallinja bus cards sent to addresses outside Malta"

http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/ … 6736139468

Apparently, it's not even possible to combine postage, so if you order 3 cards, that'll set you back 18 euros.

Any ideas how long it takes for the cards to be issued once you apply? We'll be in Malta in February, but only for 2 weeks; we'll return in the summer and stay for 2 or 3 months then, but I'd like to get the cards before that...
I figure the "administrative fee" to be charged from next year will be 5 euros/card,  so that'll still be less than the 6 euros for postage to Austria.

I want to get 10 euro free! How do I top mine up when it's in the post!?? Hate missing out

Adi9626 wrote:

I want to get 10 euro free! How do I top mine up when it's in the post!?? Hate missing out

If you have not got it by tomorrow then forget it, as I believe the offer finishes at the end of October!
If the allocated money has run out then it may have finished already.

Ray

For those who have not seen it in the press, there is a new 10€ offer!  - 10 Journeys in November gets you 10€ free

http://news.transport.gov.mt/

Ray

I got mine online, I did it about 4 weeks ago and I've got it

Adeleuk wrote:

I got mine online, I did it about 4 weeks ago and I've got it

Think you are referring to the " top up 10€ and get 10€ free". This a different one whereby you use the bus for 10 journeys in November and get another 10€ top up free!

Ray

No I was replying to the question about ordering the card online :)