Shopping Questions Tripoli

Hi

I'll be in Tripoli Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. After nearly 4 months in Benghazi I feel there may be a shopping expedition coming on!!I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there any good bookshops about?

2. Where is M&S?

3. Is there a ladies hair salon in the Radisson? Any good?

I haven't been to Tripoli before so if anyone replies, I'd appreciate a landmark that I could give to a taxi driver. I'm staying at the Radisson.

TY
izzy (meow...):)

Hi izzy01,
1. There is some info. about bookshops in the following link (I presume you mean for english books)
http://www.lookoutlibya.com/Look_Out_Li … pping.html
2. Marks & Spencer is towards the end (West) of Gargaresh street, i.e. if you're driving down Gargaresh St. from town. You will pass BHS on your right (the BHS shop has a big, red, kind of triangular bit on the top of the bldng) & M&S is a little further down to the left. There is also a BHS in town (closer to Radisson) on Jaraba Street.
3. I don't know about a hair salon in the Radisson .... but there are many recommended on this forum ... you could search the forum ...

izzy01 wrote:

Hi

I'll be in Tripoli Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. After nearly 4 months in Benghazi I feel there may be a shopping expedition coming on!!I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there any good bookshops about?

You need to visit the ship aka ''LOGOS HOPE'' It's a floating library you can say with great books. It's located on Shaat street near Radisson actually.

2. Where is M&S?

In a place known as 'Gargaresh' opposite another store known as MANGO also in Gargaresh.

3. Is there a ladies hair salon in the Radisson? Any good?

Can't answer that one!!!

I haven't been to Tripoli before so if anyone replies, I'd appreciate a landmark that I could give to a taxi driver. I'm staying at the Radisson.

TY
izzy (meow...):)

Thanks

Topic has been moved on the Tripoli forum. Good luck.

the Logos Hope boat has moved on, but it will be going to Benghazi, after Misurata, if I'm not mistaken! Don't miss it!

Don't think their is a hair dressing salon in the Radisson to be honest, if it is down near the gym/spa I have never seen it (not that I am in need of it anyway :lol: )

you can go to HM or zara or mark spenser or mango all this shops  in grgarsh road and allot of other models you will fond it there  .or you can go to Ben hashor street you will find there many other  shops
for the salon i advice you to go to Nofllen road   in sheek street
you will find big center for  ladies hair salon  ...