Cancellation of Malaysian EP

Dear Gravitas

I am an Indian person. 3 Month back i got opportunity to work here in Malaysia. I got my Employment pass for 1 year. This is valid up-to May 2016. Now just because of my mother got hospitalized due to serious health problem i immediately went to India. Now in India after 1 week i am seeing that my mother condition is very bad and I am the only one to take care of her. I am not in condition to come back to Malaysia. I asked to my company to cancel my employment pass as I am not able to come back to Malaysia due to my mother's health problem. But my company is not ready to cancel it.

So can I cancel it by myself in India by submitting my passport to Malaysian embassy or this will be automatically cancelled after May 2016. Also if in case of automatic cancellation, do i need a cancellation stamp on my passport for Malaysian Employment Pass if i want to travel Malaysia for visit . Your reply will be highly appreciated as i am suffering with bad time. Please help.

Best Regards and Thanks
Sameer

there is no need of cancelling your pass by yourself.
allow it to expire on the expire date.

untill then yo can visit Malaysia under that pass till it is valid and after the validity you can apply for a normal tourist visa and still can visit Malaysia.

Normally the issue is tax but in your case no tax refund is possible. So take care of your mother and forget about the EP.

Thank you so much friends for quick reply. I want to ask one more thing. Is there anything illegal in my situation if my employment pass is not going to be canceled by my employer?

No but you could be blacklisted so hard to get a job again in Malaysia. But  that would be by your company. If they understand why you are breaking your contract then they wont blacklist you

its better to request cancellation by contacting your employer, so your employer can use the quota for your replacement