St. Clare Uniform Questions

Hi.  My children are enrolled at St. Clare Primary and I just got the school supplies and uniform lists.

I am puzzled about a few items.  Maybe some veterans can help me out.

1. I already bought new shoes for my children.  But today, the secretary said the shoes are supposed to be black even though the form did not indicate so.  Must the children wear black shoes at primary?

2. If the PE shoes are to be white, do the children wear one pair to school then change into the white pairs for PE during the day?

3. My older child will be going to secondary next year.  Do St. Clare secondary schools use the same uniforms as the primary or do the colors/designs change?

4. Anoraks -- Are the children required to wear school anoraks or can they wear any random anorak?

5. What constitutes the tracksuit for PE?

6. Could I buy just extra PE t-shirts for regular school days or are they different from the non-PE shirts?

7. Where is a good place to buy the "PE Slippers" -- trainers/snakers? -- if they are not provided by Yorkie Mix & Match?

Thanks for your help.

My son has been at St Clair's since February, so I'm just going by how it works at his school.  My daughter is due to start soon at primary though.

1.  Yes the shoes need to be black.
2. They don't change the shoes, they go to school in the PE kit and stay in it.
3. Yes, it's the same uniform.  My son who's 15 and my daughter who's 4 both have the same uniform.
4.  No, they don't need to wear the school anoraks they can wear their own.
5.  The PE kit is a short sleeve t-shirt for summer, a long sleeve one for winter, plus a track suit and a pair of shorts. 
6. No, you can't use the PE t-shirts for regular days because they're different. On non PE days it's either a polo shirt in summer, or shirt in winter.
7.  I can't help with where to buy the trainers, Clarks had them for my daughter but my son says not everybody wears white at his school so hasn't gone for white.

When you go to Yorkie, they'll give you what you need and then ask if you want extra of anything.

Thanks for your reply!

lottelita wrote:

1. I already bought new shoes for my children.  But today, the secretary said the shoes are supposed to be black even though the form did not indicate so.  Must the children wear black shoes at primary?

yes, they must wear black shoes or sneakers 3 days a week, other 2 days white one

lottelita wrote:

2. If the PE shoes are to be white, do the children wear one pair to school then change into the white pairs for PE during the day?

no, on PE day they come to school in white sneakers

lottelita wrote:

3. My older child will be going to secondary next year.  Do St. Clare secondary schools use the same uniforms as the primary or do the colors/designs change?

don't know that :)

lottelita wrote:

4. Anoraks -- Are the children required to wear school anoraks or can they wear any random anorak?

random one, we had spiderman, now we have pirates with a bottle of rum

(kidding about the rum part )

lottelita wrote:

don't understand a question - normal tracksuit, only this one is in school colours
summer one: shorts + t-shirt (both with school amblem)

lottelita wrote:

6. Could I buy just extra PE t-shirts for regular school days or are they different from the non-PE shirts?

if you are speaking for winter uniform, it's totaly different and the answer is NO
for summer one, difference is that for regular school days they have polo t-shirt, so theoretically you could, but why making your child stick out with wrong outfit, just to save couple of euros?

lottelita wrote:

7. Where is a good place to buy the "PE Slippers" -- trainers/snakers? -- if they are not provided by Yorkie Mix & Match?

I buy for my son on sportsdirect, on malta check eurosport or urban jungle

lottelita wrote:

Thanks for your help.

no problem

lottelita wrote:

don't understand a question - normal tracksuit, only this one is in school colours
summer one: shorts + t-shirt (both with school amblem)

I am unfamiliar with the term "tracksuit."  I guess it must be British. 

lottelita wrote:

if you are speaking for winter uniform, it's totaly different and the answer is NO
for summer one, difference is that for regular school days they have polo t-shirt, so theoretically you could, but why making your child stick out with wrong outfit, just to save couple of euros?

Oh, yes, my children have had to long suffer my miserliness.  And I would pull it off for this one, too, if the colors were the same.  Builds character!

lottelita wrote:

I buy for my son on sportsdirect, on malta check eurosport or urban jungle

Thanks.

lottelita wrote:

I am unfamiliar with the term "tracksuit."  I guess it must be British.

google is your friend - just type tracksuit and there are plenty pictures
I have no idea what is a different word for that

lottelita wrote:

Oh, yes, my children have had to long suffer my miserliness.  And I would pull it off for this one, too, if the colors were the same.  Builds character!

you can still pull it off - just not during winter time, but summer time

and this is last help that you and your sarcasm will get from me

have fun