Winter Clothes for kids???

Hey, my family and I will be moving to Mauritius in January of 2011 from the States. I have 3 little ones and they are 5, 3, and 1. I was wondering how cold the winters are and if we will need heavy coats/jackets etc.

We will be staying in the Tamarin area and I was wondering if there are any good English Speaking pre schools for my 3 year old. For my 5 year old we are looking at WestCoast Academy does anyone have an input as to whether this is a good school or not?

Another question I have is if they have any dance classes (ballet and tap) and also Karate classes for little ones.

Would appreciate any input from other parents.

Hi , I have no such a big experience concerning this issue , because I am here only one year.
I think you should bring a jacket for them, but not a heavy one. The winter here is similar then the autumn in Europe.
I hope, I could help you !

the winters are pretty mild and you and your family will not need heavy winter clothes.  about the coldest it will ever get is around 60 degrees Fahrenheit so a long sleeve shirt and a jacket will keep you plenty warm.

Thanks for the information Gyorgyi63 and bunkoma :)Still need to know about the schools, thanks.

you definately wont need winter clothes. Maybe just a light pullover. NEVER more than that.
There is karate at Riverland sports club in Tamarin. Ask at the local schools for ballet/tap. There is a pre-school (Tiny Tots) and tight next door a junior school. Telfair. Google it. Both in Tamarin.

hi
i hope you realize that Summer here is winter, so you will be arriving at the hottest time of years, so bring a size larger than you will need. Many people I speak to say the Black River/Tamarin is the hottest part of the island. We came in Aug, and I have yet to put on a a pair of jeans. My little one 2, rarely wears a long sleeve shirt or pants. I packed to much of this stuff, though you are coming from a warmer part of North America, (we r from Canada). It is getting warmer everyday here. Enjoy!
I here Tiny tots is great, and in English i believe!
Enjoy!!
Mom

Hi, am Nasreen from the eastal Coast of mauritius at Trou D'eau Douce. Don't worry for winter clother as we get plenty of it at very good price. However, you can bring with you some light jacket, long sleeve shirt etc...

I hope you will enjoy your stay in mauritus as Mauritus is well known to be a paradise Island and incase for further info do not hesitate to me an email. It will be a pleasure to assist you for any help

Hello, also keen on Ballet lessons for my 2 girls. They are aged 6 and 3 and have been asking about ballet forever. Does anyone know of Saturday morning classes as this will be the most convenient time for me. Dont mind where really. Have a car and willing to use it :). Thanks

rainwear is always a positive thing in winter mauritius.

temperature varies from  a mean of 18-28 degrees; peaks of 12/14-32/33 degrees celcius

see you
islander.