Resort work in Mexico

Im 19 and looking for a year out in 2012 from studies and want to do some resort work just wondered if any English people had  been employed as i've never come across anyone English working on them when i have been and wanted to know what my possible chances may be im aware of the long days little pay but its a fun exprience at the end :)

HI Abbii,

what are you looking at exactly? May I have something to offer for you.

Regards
Debora

Possibly working on resorts entertainment sort of thing as a gap year just to have some fun and experience, if that fails im obviously doing Equine studies so possibly look to work with horses. What may you have to offer? Abbi (:

Hi, welcome what makes you want to move to mexico?  I'm a US Citizen and lived here for a few years now.  Legally you have to obtain an FM2 to legally work in Mexico for an employer.  An FM2 is a visa you can aquire after having your FM3 for a period of five years.  Keep in mind that your FM2 also requires you to pay taxes on income earned both in and out of the country.  Most people like me only ever want an FM3...  it needs to be renewed every year, but there are no taxes.  Your most likely going to have to work off the books or find a EU company that has resort properties in Mexico and they can probably figure out a way to pay you in the EU while working on site in Mexico.  This happens all the time when a US Citizen for example goes to work in Dubai for a US based company.  I would suggest starting out with the bith hotel chains and speaking to their HR department...  probably will save you some time and money instead of dealing with lawyers right away.  I would expect income to be low depending on where you work.  I'm not sure if you have thought about where to work, but I know there are a lot of world class resorts in Cabo. Good luck in your search!

Thankyou that information will be useful (: I want to travel to quite a few places and work and experience it really doing abit in Europe next year while im still studying but then i want to head to Mexico because i love it just everything about it then onto the states etc. I figured just a year out to work there doing the sort of thing on resorts would be hard work and little rewards with money but an experience and thats all im after. What was it you was living over there for? What was it like?